Big Lucy joined Big don & Oneofthepack for a fun trip down to our Disney World known as Delacroix, aboard the Bay Flat Sr. It be awhile since Big Lucy fish with Oneofthepack,. We all having high hopes / expectations, like 15 Redworries, and 75 Silverwonders. We could smell them on the way out, it was perfect day, perfect timing, can’t miss type day!!!!!
- Meet up at Waffle House in Chalmette 5:30.
- No wild life sightings along Hwy 11 or 90
- Perfect time, by the time we loaded up the Bay flat Sr, stopped at Leonel for ice and go juice, first light am up and we could see to run around.
- Past on McDonnel & Last stop food store.
- Not many boats on Hwy, gas stations, and launch, it was a very lonely feeling out and about today.
- Check point Abel, water level up 12-14” good sign
- Check point Bravo, tide falling at Reggio Canal, good sign
- Found a package from Santa in the Bay Flat Sr, me need to know who gave Santa me name, and what a gift?????????????????????
- Bay Flat Sr low in the slings, know me left her high, maybe the mother cat is lowered her to get her kittens in and out
- Picked up 4th crew member at Lionel’s, but he did not last long, we were not to his likening.
- Off to spot # 21 to stat our day
- N.E wind 14-16 mph, steady as she blows
- Open water very choppy, with white caps
- Cloudy / overcast day
- Saw the sun for about 5 minutes, it des exist
- Mild temps, jumpsuit on all day
- Water temp 63.5F
- Water level up 12 – 14”’
- Tide falling all day, we able to find a few current lines to fish
- Water clary on a scale of 1-7 was:
- Spot # 21 a 2 minus
- Lake John a 3 minus
- Spot # 60 a 5
- Spot # 61 ,A B, C, 3 minus
- Alligator Pass 2 minus
- Only saw 2 boats out and about
TECHNIQUE / STRATEGY:
- Be safe
- Have fun
- Put some run time on Bay Flat Sr. and Yamaha Dream Machine
- This be me daily therapy for ALL me aliments
- Gather Intel for future trips, and to share with fisherperson, (on rodnreel.com) to help assist them in their choice of areas to fish, lures to use and presentation of same to the elusive Silverwonders.
- Re-educate Big Lucy on the ways of fishing Delacroix
- Catch some more fish for all Big Lucy’s salads she likes to eat
- Confirm / verify reports of Silverwonders being caught down in Delacroix area.
- Try and find the elusive Silverwonders.
- Help reduce the Redworrier population
- Find a spot # with the seven fundamentals / criteria of catching:
- WIND AT YOUR BACK: (We positon the Bay Flat Sr to have the wind at our back, it made excellent casters of us all, we relay got some good distance on our cast, so much so, we caught the shoreline a few times, wind not a factor)
- MOVING WATER: (Had plenty falling all day, it seemed to slow down around 1 PM)
- WATER CALRITY: (This still be the biggest challenge at Delacroix, it just does not look right / good, but me cannot figure out what causing eh water to look so, it is mind boggling it be.)
- HOLDING FISH: (No place, one or two here and there, if me had to spick a spot it would be # 60, most fish caught there.
- PATIENTS: ( Needed plenty today, to keep the crew n the game, me knew they wanted to try there honey hole in around Lake John, so we made a 30 minute run and gave it an hour, Big Lucy caught the only Redworrier there, this put her ahead by one.)
- SKILL: (Positon the Bay Flat Sr to have the wind at our back, knowledge of a few Redworrier honey holes, with a E.N.E. wind, and determination to make it happen.)
- LUCK: (We did not get wet, and cat did not make in the Bay Flat Sr.)
- Anchor up cast & retrieve slowly along the bottom, with a twitch every now and then, tight lining…………………………………1 REDWORRIER
- Drift with the wind cast & retrieve (DWWC&R)……………DID NOT TRY
- Oak River Troll (ORT)………………..NOTHING
- Reverse Oak River Troll (RORT) ………..DID NTO TRY
- Oak River Skim (ORS) ……………DID NOT TRY
- Cork ……..1 REDWORRIER
- Lake P Troll (LPT)…………….N/A
- Dead bait………ALL BUT 1 FISH CAUGHT WITH DEAD BAIT / SHRIMP.
- Live bait…………………NONE
· LURE DU JOURE:
- 3” H&H Purple Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head with gold hook…………….NOTHING
- 3” Chartreuse Glow Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook………….NOTHING
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 3/8 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………1 REDWORRIER
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 1/2 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with 3/4 oz. round lead head ……………N/A
- Marker 54 hard plastic shrimp……….. DID NOT TRY
AREAS / SPOTS / NUMBERS OF THE MAP FISHED:
Spot # 20, 21, 22, 23, 60, 60B, 2, 3A, 14, 5, 6, Lake John, 45, 44, 43, 20, 21, 60, 61, 61A, B, C, 62, 64, 64A, B, Alligator pass, stopped fishing at 1:45 pm turned the Bay Flat Sr north for bumpy ride back to the slip, put 57 miles on the Bay Flat Sr running around.
- Lived to fish another day
- (0) Silverwonders as far as we know they still very much elusive
- (4) Redworries (1) Rat
- (1) Bass
- (2) Catfish
- (2) Crabs
- (3) popped lines bottoms
- (4) Shorelines
- (3) Tangled lines
- Snacks & drinks as provide by Big Don & Big Lucy
- Learned Big Lucy Redworrier spot / honey hole
- Watching Big Lucy fight the BIG Redworrier
- Seeing an American eagle
- Ducks flying everywhere
- Brown & white Pelicans diving in Skippy Bay
- Ran aground in one of me old spot numbers, very skinny water it be
- Spending the day on the water with 2 of the best fisherperson me know, Big Lucy & Big Don
- Best fishing trip of my life, until the next one.
FISHERPERSON OF THE DAY:
Big Don jumped out first, Ret Red, Bass, catfish, but after that he was done for the day, it be not enough to get the honors for today, and even his top secret honey hole could not help him advance in the standings.
Oneofthepack caught one and done, that be it.
Big Lucy caught the biggest & most Redworries, and both of them made it into the box, will be dressed later for her salad. She be Fisherperson of the day, and she was real humble about it, NOT!!!!!!!!trash talk for a lady is no different then trash talk from a man, she was elated, and was not shy about letting Big Don & Oneofthepack know about her accomplishment, and the lack there of ours.
Big Don & Oneofthepack feel it will be a short lived high, because next time out ladies don’t come first, she be our equal now, and may the best man win.
Me lost for words, have no clue on what is taken place down in our Disney World known as Delacroix Island. Today (conditions) should have been a Silverwonders slam, however not even a bite, tap, hit, bump from single solitary Silverwonder. And the Redworries had lock jaw, they moved from our successful locations of the past 2 months.
Live shrimp maybe could have made a difference, but me think not, it could have been the fisherpersons, but me think not, me think it is climate change that has impacted the cycle / life of the Silverwodners and Delacroix Island fishery.
What say U?????
PONDER OF THE DAY:
Never tell your problems to a fisherperson…20% don’t care and the other 80% are glad you have them…
O & A:
If you get cheated by Mother Nature, who do you complain to?
TEAM JO-JO’S future stratagem:
Off the water till Monday and then some!!!!!!!!!!
Team Jo-Jo & Oneofthepack
- No Comments
- 865 views