Team Jo-Jo had a double duty day today, one to fish the other to assist Big Don & Big Lucy pick up there boat so they could bring it in to be serviced. They still got their chance to expand on their ability to operate the voice activate power poles, along with fighting some big fish.
- Tuesday trip me felt not completed as it was a slow catching day, and me could not make it happen for me crew.
- (3) Alarm clocks work well, me get up early so me don’t have to listen to them, and to not wake up Loveoftheapck with all that noise.
- No wildlife sightings along Hwy 11 or 90
- Not many boats on Hwy, gas stations had a few, and boat launches where just about empty.
- Me 30 minutes early for 5:00 Am meet up with Big on & Big Lucy at Team Jo-Jo official meeting place, Waffle House in Chalmette.
- Passed on Waffle House, but had to make a stop at McDonnel for a #4, me was hungry and, me knew it was going to be a long day.
- Last Stop store was a blur as me went by
- Check Able, water level about the same, me like
- Check point Bravo, not much water moving at Reggio canal, me like
- Made it to Big Don & Big Lucy slip, loaded their gear into the FORD transporter, and left their truck on the side of the road at their slip.
- Made our way done to the home of the Bay Flat Sr, quick transfer of gear
- Yamaha Dream Machine fired right up, she be purring like a tiger, roaring to go.
- Made quick stop at Lionel for some go juice, and ice, and of course some dead bait for the no so confident lure fisherpersons.
- Off to spot # 14 to start our journey of the day.
- S.E. WIND 6-8 mph in the am, then 20-25 mph later in the day, and all the way till 1:00 PM when we called it a day.
- Sunny & clear
- No jumpsuit today, mild to warm temps
- Water temp 77.3F
- Water level same as Tuesday up a little
- Water clarity on a scale of 1-7 was a 3, a little better today in all our spots.
- Tail end of a falling tide, it did not take long for it to turn and start coming in, it was perfect timing.
- Not many boats in zone 1 & 2, they were all in the Twin Pipeline areas, must have seen 10-12 boats, when noon came by all the Cinderella fisherpersons had to be back for noon and where running in like a train back to the dock.
TECHNIQUE / STRATEGY:
- Be safe
- Have fun
- Put some run time on Bay Flat Sr. and Yamaha Dream Machine
- This be me daily therapy for ALL me aliments
- Gather Intel for future trips, and to share with fisherperson, (on rodnreel.com) to help assist them in their choice of areas to fish, lures to use and presentation of same to the elusive Silverwonders.
- Give spot # 14 another try, was hoping to make a quick day, fish the falling tide and call it a day, but crew had there plans they wanted to fish till 1 PM, so we spent 3 hours in zone 1 & 2 and the last (3) hours in zone 5 of the map.
- Get some toppings for Big Lucy salads
- Help Big don & Big Lucy pick up their boat, this took no time at all, suggested to Big Don that he get the white PVC pipes so you could see when backing up. Also suggested he get some side guards / guides on the trailer, he has a somewhat twin V and it has to line up perfect on the trailer.
- Gather Intel for Saturday rodeo, Big Tom called to confirm we still on, yessem says me.
- Find a spot # with the seven fundamentals / criteria of catching:
- WIND AT YOUR BACK: (Once again this be a tough criteria to have. But with 2 Cajun anchors out we were able to positon the Bay Flat Sr on any angel we wanted to have the wind at our back as best we could)
- MOVING WATER: (Not like Tuesday (wind blowing water pouring in) we had a gentle falling tail end of a tide, which turned and came in fairly quickly, but as the wind picked up so did the current)
- WATER CALRITY: (Today the clarity was a little better, as soon as the wind picked up current dirtied up the water a little and we had a 2 plus clarity)
- HOLDING FISH: (Spot 14 & 51C, both had some real nice NMRs for us)
- PATIENTS: ( It was on, from the second cast, fish after fish, we all were pulling them in like tuna, and me kept telling crew keep it going cause it will not last long me had to give Big Lucy a crash course on how to get the hook out of the Silverwodners mouth. Explain to her she taking minute or so, we need to get that down to 5-10 seconds, need to get back in the water and in the strike zone, catch what catch can before they stop.)
- SKILL: (Knowledge, past Intel, right place, right time at both spot # 14 & 51C)
- LUCK: (Right place at right time)
- Anchor up cast & retrieve slowly along the bottom, with a twitch every now and then, tight lining…………………………………95% FISH CUAGHT THIS WAY
- Oak River Troll (ORT)……………….. (7) SILVERWONDERS CAUGHT THIS WAY.
- Reverse Oak River Troll (RORT) ………..DID NTO TRY
- Oak River Skim (ORS) ……………DID NOT TRY
- Cork ……..NOTHING
- Lake P Troll (LPT)…………….N/A
- Dead bait………(1) RED, (7) HARD HEADS
- Live bait…………………NONE
· LURE DU JOURE:
- 3” H&H Purple Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head with gold hook…………….NOTHING
- 3” Chartreuse Glow Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook………….DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook……………9% FISH CUAGHT
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 3/8 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 1/2 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with 3/4 oz. round lead head ……………N/A
- New shrimp lure, (see pictures) they look so real, comes in 2 sizes me bought both, me think Lake P will produce a lot of action with them, caught 1 Red today
AREAS / SPOTS / NUMBERS OF THE MAP FISHED:
Spot # 14 (34) t, 15, 5 (3) t, 51, 52, 51C (8) NMR t stopped fishing at 1 pm called it a day, needed to pick up crew’s boat for them to bring home.
- Lived to fish another day
- (45) NMR Silverwonders (5) throw backs
- (5) Reds, 4 rat type
- (1) Drum
- (1) Croaker
- (1) Gar Big Lucy
- (6) NMR Silverwodners lost at boat, they would just come off hook, even the ones we dropped in the bottom of the boat some hock would just come out of their mouth???
- Big Lucy hooked up with Big fish again, this time me rig (6 foot Shimano rod, Penn Battle II, 10# mono) could not handle it.
- Same happen to me Big Fish popped line
- Plus Silverwodners of the day popped me 10# Big Game mono.
- (3) Oster Shells
- (1) Bushel of grass
- Big Lucy’s battel with Big Gar, she like to scream when me brought into the boat, me surprise Gar did not put up much of a fight, but her second Big Fish just started running till the line popped.
- No food no drinks, just fishing it be
- Spending the morning on the water with 2 of the best fisherperson me know, Big don & Big Lucy
- Best fishing trip of my life, until the next one.
FISHERPERSON OF THE DAY:
Big don was holding his own at spot # 14, but Big Gar blew that position out of the window. He did catch a Big Red, but once we left spot # 14 he was a little off his game, like no game. Me think he lost more fish than either Big Lucy and/or me caught.
Oneofthepack had the number on the Silverwodners, but it was hard to beat the Big Gar, plus at spot # 51C she got on a hot streak for a few minutes. She too lost a few at the boat, and then lost that other big fish too.
Big Lucy be fisherperson of the day, no argument from me, an me know Big Don agrees on today’s fisherperson of the day to, he better if he wants dinner tonight.
It’s crazy, one day they bite the next no bite, to solve this problem, suggest we all subscribe to Team Jo-Jo’s motto, “YOU GOT TO GO TO KNOW”
PONDER OF THE DAY:
The fisherperson who always agrees with you lies to others also.
O & A:
How do you know a fisherperson is not waving at you?
You only see one finger!
FUTURE TEAM JO-JO’S next foray AGENDA:
- Friday Big Ronnie (aka Dago, aka Wildman) coming out of retirement, he and Oneofthepack will be out and about chasing the elusive Silverwonders.
- Saturday Big Woodward Rodeo, Big Tom B and me will be fishing that one down in our Disney World known as Delacroix Island.
- Sunday & next week still in the planning stages, until then:
Team Jo-Jo & Oneofthepack
- No Comments
- 520 views