Me knew me had to go fishing, contacted Big Don (not Capt Don) we emailed each other back and forth about going, but it seems Big Don express some concern about the weather, and suggested Tuesday, but me no can go Tuesday, so we decided to try another day.
Problem being me still wanted / needed a first mate for the trip, it is very hard to operate the two voice activated power poles by meself.
So me emailed Big Bud (aka Eastofmrgo) to see how he looked, and to see if he wanted to go out and get wet, his email back yessum says he, a true believer of ‘”YOU GOT TO GO TO KNOW” philosophy.
- Loveofthepack on an extended road trip, time to play at will
- Meet up for 5:00 AM, phones rings at 4:20, Big Bud, (me had already looked at weather channel) just knew it was not going to be a good call. Says Big Bud me going to be a little late, need to let the water go down in the back yard so me can get rods & tackle, no problems says me take your time, me like is determination , attitude, and perseverance
- We both arrived at the Waffle House at the same time, loaded up the FORD transporter and off we go
- No wildlife sightings along Hwy 11 or 90, did see a few ADOH along the road.
- Me got soaking wet trying to fill up the FORD transport on Chief Hwy (2.09 gallaon0, card would not work had to go inside, so very wet me be, not a good sign.
- Passed on Waffle House, McDonnel, and Last Stop food store
- No boats on Hwy, gas stations, and/or boat launches, not a good sign
- Check point Able water level up 10” good sign
- Check pint Bravo water moving at Reggio Canal, good sign
- Not much activity along Delacroix road, looked deserted
- Home of the Bay Flat Sr, she looking good swaying back and forth in the wind, loaded her up in no time
- Yamaha Dream Machine can almost read me mind, sound like she started even before me turn the key
- Energized the electronics, me done got use to them, it like a habit, if they don’t work me have a tough day now, before it never bothered me, but now me depend on them sometime in the fog, and / or when me get lost.
- Passed on Lionel’s had all we needed aboard the Bay Flat Sr.
- Off to spot # 17C to start our day
- 12 -15 MPH N.N.E. wind, big difference from Saturday trip, direction that is, mph still same
- Cloudy overcast day, perfect
- No rain
- No fog
- No nats
- Cool temps, me was glad me took along me jumpsuit, it never came off until we got back, me was a snug as a H&H purple beetle in the tackle box
- Water temp 71.3 F
- Water level up 10”
- Tide, water moving out all day, saw a crab swimming with tide, mw know that a good tide.
- Water clarity on a scale of 1-7:
- Spot # 17C 3 minus (Saturday was a 6)
- #2A 3 minus
- #17 3 minus
- #18 3
- #61C 3 minus
- #64 3
Saw 4 commercial boats, and 1 sport boat running around
TECHNIQUE / STRATEGY:
- Be safe
- Have fun
- Put some run time on Bay Flat Sr. and Yamaha Dream Machine
- This be me daily therapy for ALL me aliments
- Gather Intel for future trips, and to share with fisherperson, (on rodnreel.com) to help assist them in their choice of areas to fish, lures to use and presentation of same to the elusive Silverwonders.
- Give spot # 17C a chance to become a money spot, me was dreaming about the BIG girls we caught Saturday, me had Big Bud all worked up, and looking forward to a BIG girl cat fight.
- Catch a few for Big Bud’s diner table
- Find a spot # with the seven fundamentals / criteria of catching:
- WIND AT YOUR BACK: ( Not a factor, once again it was our friend, pushed us all round the spots we wanted to be, did have a different angle on them, and to path a lot different from Saturday, but we manage to find a couple of strike zones drifting the Bay.)
- MOVING WATER: (Falling all day, real strong in areas where it was chocked down, open bay not moving that fast, wind could have helped move it too.)
- WATER CALRITY: (Good, but not good, good, definitely fishable, and it did not impact me and / or Big Bud’s confidence level)
- HOLDING FISH: (Spot # 17C (12)t, all other spots not even a bite)
- PATIENTS: ( We to amped up to be patient and / or board, anticipation kept us entertained all day)
- SKILL: (Big Bud that was / is me skill, he be very proficient when it comes to fishing with corks, he can make them talk, they sue to call him the Cork Whisper, as he made corks whisper to the Silverwonders, “COME AND GET IT”.
- LUCK: (We did not get wet, turn out to be a real nice day for fishing, and me had Big Bud on the Bay Flat Sr.)
- Anchor up cast & retrieve slowly along the bottom, with a twitch every now and then, tight lining…………………………………DID NOT TRY
- Oak River Troll (ORT)………………..DID NOT TRY
- Reverse Oak River Troll (RORT) ………..DID NTO TRY
- Oak River Skim (ORS) ……………DID NOT TRY
- Cork ……..DRIFTING ALL DAY, USE CAJUN ANCHORS TO SLOW US DOWN, AND KEEP US ON TRACK FROM STRIKE ZONE TO STRIKE ZONE. LURE 24 TO 30” BRLWO CROK.
- Lake P Troll (LPT)…………….N/A
- Dead bait………NONE
- Live bait…………………NONE
· LURE DU JOURE:
- 3” H&H Purple Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head with gold hook…………….ALL DAY, ALL WAY, ALL BEST
- 3” Chartreuse Glow Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook………….DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook……………NOTHING
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 3/8 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 1/2 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with 3/4 oz. round lead head ……………N/A
AREAS / SPOTS / NUMBERS OF THE MAP FISHED:
Spot # 17C (12)t, 17D, 2A, 17C, 18, A, B, C, D, 61C,B,A, AND 64, stopped fishing at 11:40 just knew we were in for a very bumpy ride back to the slip, was not it be.
- Lived to fish another day
- (12) NMR Silverwonders, 2 throw backs
- (4) Bushels of grass
- Saw 4 alligators
- Had an audience at spot 18F, gator wanted to join us in the Bay Flat Sr, but no hitchhikers says me.
- Saw America Bald Eagle
- Spending the morning on the water with one of the best fisherperson me know, Big Bud, be he.
- Best fishing trip of my life, until the next one.
FISHERPERSON OF THE DAY:
Big Bud, I came in a close second to the fisherperson who stayed home.
Best me can tell the siphon has been reduce to 500 cfs, way down from 7,000 cfs, (i.e. fuzzy math 3,245,120,300 gallons a day of river water) me thought the capacity was 5,000, but the other day it was up to 7,000.
Siphon being reduced should result in some clean water, and the Silverwodners should get back on track, however “YOU GOT TO GO TO KNOW WHEN”
Get you (50) of the original 3” H&H purple beetle, and (50) H&H ¼ oz. round white head with gold hook, and (50) Matrix Shad Lemon drop and/or (50) Chartreuse Glow beetles, and be ready for the running of the Silverwonder to the Black Bay.
PONDER OF THE DAY:
Fish to win, not “not catch”
O & A:
How do you know that you are a reel woman?
FUTURE TEAM JO-JO’S next foray AGENDA:
Off the water tomorrow
Wednesday open Bay Flat Sr, first mate welcome, cork specialist a plus, catching expectations 6-8 Silverwonders.
Team Jo-Jo & Oneofthepack
- No Comments
- 731 views