There was Fog in the forecast for early on today, we adjusted slightly, came a few minutes later. Sounded good, the timing was good. 8am at slip ready to go, still thick as can be. Lucy getting bored watching her cork fly down Terre Boeufs by the slip. So we decide to putt putt down the bayou and hope for the fog to burn off. Not happening. No safe way to run to Pt Fienne, looked like one big cloud going that way. There was a little visibility in Terre Boeufs (varied from 50-100 yards or so), so I tried to run towards 4 Horse Lake, but I was not liking the overall safety aspect. Stopped in one of the first cuts and was going to fish there until the fog cleared a bit. Few hours later, becoming obvious not only is fog not going to clear, its getting thicker. Hunkered down and fished the area we had, and it turned on for a crazy 2 minutes, managed to put one nice redfish in the boat, and a few bites to boot. Lucy did her usual, she needs to catch a fish soon, she in the deep freeze. We turned toward home and had a nice hazy slow ride back. Somehow we both thought it was a great little trip despite the less than ideal circumstances. Sometimes fishing works even when it don’t.
What hit the boat:
1 Redfish (1 throw back)
~Fog (just not down with running in that thick stuff, it’s only a problem after someone gets hurt)