Perfect timing for today, Big Pablo had no mate for a trip today, so me jumped board his 18 foot Stripper with a 115 Yamaha Dream Machine, along with a I-Polite trolling motor, me was in high cotton today , as we fished the Bayou Bienvenue and surrounding areas..
- Me not have to be the Capt today
- Early meet up 5:30 AM at Big Pablo abode
- Launched at Chef Bridge, picked up some live shrimp for Big Pablo, he more a bait, (live / dead) man than a lure man.
- Already had 6-8 boats launched by the time we reached the launch, look to be a busy day.
- No boats in Big Pablo top secret spot, we motored up dropped the anchor, and it was on, on, on.
- East wind 15-18 MPH blew steady as she goes
- Cloudy over cast day
- We left the launch in the light rain
- Cool damp temps all day, had jump suite on, but did not have enough clothes on, me did not know it was going to be cooler then yesterday.
- Water level up 12-14”
- Water temp 60 F
- Tide falling all morning
- Water clarity on a scale of 1-7 was from a 5 minus to a 7 plus, depending on where you fishing at, not bad all over.
- Ran into a few boats on the Southside of Bayou Bienvenue dam in MRGO, most of the boats where in that location.
- Stopped fishing at noon or so
TECHNIQUE / STRATEGY:
- Be safe
- Have fun
- Put some run time on Big Pablo Stripper and his Yamaha Dream Machine
- This be me daily therapy for ALL me aliments
- Gather Intel for future trips, and to share with fisherperson, (on rodnreel.com) to help assist them in their choice of areas to fish, lures to use and presentation of same to the elusive Silverwonders.
- Needed to get out of the house
- Wanted to learn spots that Big Pablo knew, and to see how he fishes them
- Wanted to check the spot number me fish to see if the Silverwodners where their yet.
- Find a spot # with the seven fundamentals / criteria of catching:
- WIND AT YOUR BACK: (We fished a cross wind today, but with bait no problem. Wind did keep swinging the boat back and forth, hard to stay in strike zone that be why me like 2 anchors to hold me in place.)
- MOVING WATER: (We had some all morning, when in open water you did not notice it much, but at the locks it was pouring out.)
- WATER CALRITY: (This criteria not a problem today, had some real good looking water at every spot we stopped at.)
- HOLDING FISH: (Spot # BB12 (19)t, BB16 (10)t, and BB 14 (14)
- PATIENTS: ( It was on, on, on from the first cast to the last cast)
- SKILL: (Big Pablo utilizing his live bait technique, what a learning lesson did me have)
- LUCK: (Rain stopped before we got wet, it was just a little drizzle)
- Anchor up cast & retrieve slowly along the bottom, with a twitch every now and then, tight lining…………………………………25% CAUGHT THIS WAY
- Oak River Troll (ORT)………………..DID ONT TRY
- Reverse Oak River Troll (RORT) ………..DID NTO TRY
- Oak River Skim (ORS) ……………DID NOT TRY
- Cork ……..NOTHING
- Lake P Troll (LPT)…………….N/A
- Dead bait………2 % CAUGHT THIS WAY
- Live bait…………………73% CUAGHT THIS WAY, CAROLINA RIG W/LIVE SHRIMP
· LURE DU JOURE:
- 3” H&H Purple Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head with gold hook…………….STRIPE BASS, BASS, AND 10-12 SILVERWONDERS
- 3” Chartreuse Glow Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook………….DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 3/8 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………2 SILVERWONDERS
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 1/2 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with 3/4 oz. round lead head ……………N/
- Marker 54 hard plastic shrimp……….. DID NOT TRY
AREAS / SPOTS / NUMBERS OF THE MAP FISHED:
Spot # BB16 (10) T, BB 14 (13) T, BB 11, AND BB 12 (19) T.
- Lived to fish another day
- (43) Silverwonders, (31) throw backs
- (15) Redworries, 1 bull, 1 28”, 13 Rat Reds
- (11) white trout
- (2) Bass
- (2) Stripe bass
- Cool morning on the water, especially when we running round
- Lots of fresh air
- Lesson on how to fish live bait
- Not having to be Capt for the day, no worriers, no stress, just a relaxing day on the water
- No voice activated power poles to deal with
- Spending the morning on the water with one of the best fisherperson me know, that be Big Pablo
- Best fishing trip of my life, until the next one.
FISHERPERSON OF THE DAY:
Big Pablo, he had me 20 to one at our first stop, those fishes loved those live shrimp, and where not willing to play around with me lures, but me stayed true to them all day. Big Pablo fisherperson of the day, me mean Live Bait fisherperson of the day.
Think live shrimp for bait, we got into the white trout, and Silverwonders later in the day, and the purple H&H beetle was doing all the damage at that time, even Big Pablo got in on the lure action as he ran out of both live & dead shrimp.
PONDER OF THE DAY:
I’m the one that’s got to die when it’s time for me to die, so let me fish my life the way I want to.
O & A:
Could it be that “I do” is the longest sentence?
TEAM JO-JO’S future stratagem:
No plans as of yet, but lunch date tomorrow, and need to make hot tamales for Ney Year’s eve party at Daughterofthepack, so fishing may be off the schedule for a few days!!!!!!!!!!
Team Jo-Jo & Oneofthepack
- No Comments
- 714 views