Big Don & Big Lucy crew for today aboard the Bay Flat Sr, they just bought their own new Mako boat, and have been out in it 3-4 times, but have / are experiencing a little anxiety and concerned about running around our Disney World known as Delacroix Inland with their new boat, from a concern for the boat and that of their lives.
Big Don and even Big Lucy have been out and about with Oneofthepack for the past 3-4 years and have made the same run just about overtime, but when you not driving you don’t seem to pay attention to where and/or how you got from spot to spot.
Through in the factor it is your boat, (especially a new boat) add to that all the additional responsibility, (i.e. safety, keeping rig in good shape, putting crew on fish, getting everyone back safe & sound, all having a good time) you have / of for being the Capt, and you whole prospective changes on how you enjoy a trip.
Me suggested to Big Don & Big Lucy to keep the faith, it will all come together and they will be the best of the best in no time.
- Good trip with Big Curtis & Big May
- Past out at 7:30 Wednesday night , got a good night sleep
- Up early for our 5:30 AM meet up
- No wild life sightings along Hwy 11 or 90
- Road very foggy, me not looking forward to running around in the fog.
- Boats all over the Hwy
- Boast stacked up in gas stations
- Launch full f triers & boats
- Me ½ hour early at Team Jo-Jo official meeting place, Waffle House in Chalmette, me forgot me told them 5:30 so me there for 4:45 Am, had some grits & coffee for the wait
- Crew shows up on time we load the FORD transporter and we off
- Check point Abel water up, looked good
- Check point Bravo, water not moving at Reggio canal
- We passed by slip where Big don & Big Lucy have their boat in, nice location
- Reached the home of the Bay Flat Sr, no time we had her loaded
- Yamaha Dream Machine 1 turn and she all fired up ready to make waves she be
- Made a quick stop at Lionel’s for some dead shrimp & ice
- Off to spot # 18 D to start our day.
- S.E. wind 4-6 mph, great, calm in the AM
- Sunny & clear, no rain
- Got a little over cast around 11:00AM, perfect
- Jump suite came off around 10:30 Am
- Water level same up
- Water temp 64.9F
- Water clarity on a scale of 1-7 was a 4 looked good all over
- Tide falling all morning
- Boats everywhere, every cut, channel, bay, wet spot in the marsh, they were all over the place, hard to find a spot to fish. Most spots had 3-4 boats in them
TECHNIQUE / STRATEGY:
- Be safe
- Have fun
- Put some run time on Bay Flat Sr. and Yamaha Dream Machine
- This be me daily therapy for ALL me aliments
- Gather Intel for future trips, and to share with fisherperson, (on rodnreel.com) to help assist them in their choice of areas to fish, lures to use and presentation of same to the elusive Silverwonders.
- Help fill Big Lucy freezer with fish
- Try to educate Big Don & Big Lucy on routes / runs around Team Jo-Jo milk run, try to get them to relax and enjoy their new boat in / out and around Delacroix.
- Get back on them bottom dwellers
- Find a spot # with the five fundamentals / criteria of catching:
- WIND AT YOUR BACK: (Wind not a factor, fish anywhere, any place, and just don’t throw out to hard, as you may / will hit the boat next to you.)
- MOVING WATER: (No problem with this criteria, had it all day, current lens all over the place, but inside Grand Lake area the water just about stopped moving, but further out water pouring out??????)
- WATER CALRITY: (looked well all over, me hope it stays with way for a while, and / or gets a little darker looking water, but keep the clarity of it.)
- HOLDING FISH: (Spot 18D & 20)
- PATIENTS: ( Fairly quick action at first, than a dry spell, than action the rest of the day, patients really not needed, besides Big Lucy don’t have much me think.)
- Anchor up cast & retrieve slowly along the bottom, with a twitch every now and then, tight lining…………………………………80%LL FISH CUAGHT THIS WAY
- Oak River Troll (ORT)………………..DID NOT TRY
- Reverse Oak River Troll (RORT) ………..DID NTO TRY
- Oak River Skim (ORS) ……………DID NOT TRY
- Cork ……..20% FISH CAUGHT THIS WAY
- Lake P Troll (LPT)…………….N/A
- Dead bait………ALL BOTTOM DEWELLERS CAUGHT WITH JIG HEAD (NO TAIL) & SHRIMP.
- Live bait…………………NONE
· LURE DU JOURE:
- 3” H&H Purple Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head with gold hook……………..01 % CAUGT WITH THIS LURE
- 3” Chartreuse Glow Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook………….DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook……………40% FISH CAUGHT WITH THIS LRUE
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 3/8 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 1/2 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with 3/4 oz. round lead head ……………N/A
AREAS / SPOTS / NUMBERS OF THE MAP FISHED:
Spot # 18D 13t, 18C,B,A, 20, 21 (5)T, 6 2T, 52T, stopped fishing around 12:40 PM, turned Bay Flat Sr north for a quick smooth ride aback to the slip.
- Lived to fish another day
- (22 ) NMR Silverwonders, 5 throw backs
- (16) Reds 15 throw backs
- 26 Drum
- 5 Croakers
- 6 Fresh water casts
- 1 Crab
- 1 Oyster shell
- (3) bottoms
- (1) bushel of grass
- Seeing Big Lucy smile most of the day
- Seeing Big Dom smiling all day
- Sharing all out spot numbers with crew
- Filling crew freezer with fish
- Spending the morning with 2 of the best fisherpersons me know, soon to be competitions for spots at Delacroix, looking forward to the challenge.
- Best fishing trip of my life, until the next one.
FISHERPERSON OF THE DAY:
Tough one, Big Lucy on the big girls, me mean some really nice Silverwodners, held her own in the hot spot, and even caught some drums, but me think she feel a little short.
Oneofthepack was Oneofthepack, nothing much.
Big Don, me think game over with first Big Drum, when second Drum came board me thinking he may be it for the week, but when 3rd Big Drum came board me knew he had the honors for the day, congratulations to Big don.
Please stress cautious this weekend respect other fisherperson space, enjoy and catch plenty, but most important make some memories for life.
PONDER OF THE DAY:
It takes two to tangle.
O & A:
Can you blow a balloon up under water?
FUTURE TEAM JO-JO’S ODYSSEYS AGENDA:
Me think me off the water till Wednesday, well may be, well………………………..
Team Jo-Jo & Oneofthepack
- No Comments
- 922 views