Big PJ had called me Monday while me still on the water, got me report first hand, says he going tomorrow, says me yes, what time says he, says me 5:00 AM pick you up. Today be Big PJ (first mate) and Oneofthepack aboard the Bay Flat Sr searching for the elusive Silverwonders.
- Monday solo trip relaxing
- Today trip should get me back to normal
- No wildlife sightings along Hwy 11 or 90
- No boats on Hwy, gas stations, and boat launch
- Passed on Waffle House, McDonnel.
- Big PJ got us on a conversation of fried chicken, you like says he, me like says me, we started to talk about the various places that serve fired chicken. Says he what your favorite, easy says me Mr. Ed’s on Live Oak. Big PJ mention McKenzie’s, Willy Mays, Popeye’s, Church’s’, and the one on Orleans Ave. Me told him me ALL TIME favorite was Jim’s fried chicken on Carrolton, but it aren’t there no more.
- Anyway all this talk about chicken, me had to make as top at Last Stop food store and get a sausage, biscuit & egg, all the talk made me hungry, and me think Big PJ felt the same way.
- Check point Able water level up 3-4”
- Check point Bravo no water moving at Reggio canal, not good
- Delacroix Island looked deserted, no one around
- Bay Flat Sr looked happy to see us, and the Yamaha Dream Machine purred like a kitten when we charged her up.
- No need to stop at Lionel’s we had all need aboard the Bay Flat Sr
- Off to spot 51H-1 to start our day.
- N.E. wind 25-30 mph steady all day
- Overcast cloudy morning, sun came out around 10:30 Am
- Cool temps, me kept me jump suite on all day, even with the sun out it was still a little cool when the wind blowing on you, around, you, and in you.
- Water temp 66.7F
- Water level up 3-4”
- Water clarity on a scale of 1-7 was a 5 plus, a little more stain then Monday, but still looking good
- Tide was a different story, had the falling tide , but it never came in hard like Monday, and that was what me was looking for / counting on, cause that is when the BIG girls came out to play
- Not many boast out saw 2 sports, and 1 commercial, it was very lonely area today, me glad me had SeaTwo in me pocket.
TECHNIQUE / STRATEGY:
- Be safe
- Have fun
- Put some run time on Bay Flat Sr. and Yamaha Dream Machine
- This be me daily therapy for ALL me aliments
- Gather Intel for future trips, and to share with fisherperson, (on rodnreel.com) to help assist them in their choice of areas to fish, lures to use and presentation of same to the elusive Silverwonders.
- Duplicate me efforts, presentations, and results of Monday trip in the hopes of a repeat with the Silverwonders
- Put some Silverwodners in the box for BIG PJ freezer
- Find a spot # with the seven fundamentals / criteria of catching:
- WIND AT YOUR BACK: (This criteria was the same as Monday wind was very tough, but Monday Intel helped us deal with it. We even learn a few new spots to fish with a north wind, and have it at your back. “YOU GOT TO GO TO KOW” this motto is very applicable to conditions of today, fish all winds, high, low, calm, and learn what to do when you have those conditions.)
- MOVING WATER: (Me was a little confused today, Monday by 11:00 Am the water was pouring in, great tide, current line very noticeable, today it never really seem to come in, all me plans / expectations where based on strong incoming tide. And having no plan “B” did not help us)
- WATER CALRITY: (Very fishable, little more stained then Monday, we had a 5-6 on a scale of 1-7 in all the spots we tried today.)
- HOLDING FISH: (Spot 53 (22) t, Spot 51 (11) t, once again action was way off at spot 51, current line never developed.)
- PATIENTS: ( It took us awhile to catch the first one, and then a lot longer for the second one, but doing the Oak River Troll, casting and retrieving kept us in the game, plus we had a couple of crazy 5 minutes in-between actions.)
- SKILL: (Using the Oak River Troll in spot # 53, then we drifted a grass line, that is where Big PJ caught his big Red, and me missed big one, plus as we moved down the grass line, anchoring up every now and then we got into some BIG girls along the way. This spot as perfect as the wind was directly to our back, made it easy to cast and fell the bites.)
- LUCK: (Making an early call to move around, as spot 51 was not developing the way me thought it should, and learning how to fish the grass line too was a bit of luck)
- Anchor up cast & retrieve slowly along the bottom, with a twitch every now and then, tight lining…………………………………95% FISH CUAGHT THIS WAY
- Oak River Troll (ORT)………………..(8) SILVERWONDERS CAUGHT THIS WAY
- Reverse Oak River Troll (RORT) ………..DID NTO TRY
- Oak River Skim (ORS) ……………DID NOT TRY
- Cork ……..NOTHING
- Lake P Troll (LPT)…………….N/A
- Dead bait………NONE
- Live bait…………………NONE
· LURE DU JOURE:
- 3” H&H Purple Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head with gold hook…………….NOTHING
- 3” Chartreuse Glow Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook………….DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook……………100% CUAGHT WITH THIS LURE
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 3/8 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 1/2 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with 3/4 oz. round lead head ……………N/A
AREAS / SPOTS / NUMBERS OF THE MAP FISHED:
Spot 51D-1, 51D, 51 (2)t, 53 (22)t, 51 (13)t, 53, stopped fishing around 1:25 PM, turned the Bay Flat Sr east then north for a quick ride back to the slip, run to spot 53 24 minutes, slow run to slip 20 minutes along the camps.
- Lived to fish another day
- (37) NMR Silverwonders (14) throw backs
- (1) Big Red 9.2# by Big PJ
- (2) Rat reds
- (1) Big Red missed hook came lose, me was not happy about this
- (1) Oyster Shell
- (1) Crab trap hit with boat, jerked us around pretty good at high speed, glad me & crew was sitting down
- (1) Bushel of grass
- Great sandwiches a provide by Big PJ, but the only way me know they good was Big PJ enjoyed both of them, then he brook out a can of Vienne sausage, now that be an old timer trick, me was looking for the crackers.
- Learn how to fish a grass line at spot 53
- Learn each day ha it’s on conditions of which might not be the same as the day before
- No trash talk today we be serious type fisherperson today, fish hard was our motto for today
- Best fishing trip of my life, until the next one.
FISHERPERSON OF THE DAY:
Oneofthepack had the biggest Silverwonder 2 ½#, the most Silverwonders, and even more reds, but only if me would have caught me BIG Red it would have been a lock in for fisherpersonoftheday, only if!
Me have to give Big PJ his due, with the BIG Red he be fisherperson of the day AGAIN!!!!!
The nest 3 days are supposed to have S.S.E. winds, water clarity is good, good tide movements, it should be a catching type 3 days, fish the holes and the drop offs, forget the corks, tight line is where it be.
PONDER OF THE DAY:
You know you are incompatible with fisherperson when you can’t even agree on what to argue about!
O & A:
How unlucky are you?
FUTURE TEAM JO-JO’S next foray AGENDA:
Off the water Wednesday.
Thursday looking good, first mate welcome, especially if you have in-depth knowledge of operating a voice operated power pole.
Friday a question, until then:
Team Jo-Jo & Oneofthepack
- No Comments
- 509 views