Big PJ be first mate today aboard the Bay Flat Sr, he be been on her a few times in the past, but our last trip out fish/catching action was slow & none, so we (me/he) wanted to get him a chance to assault the Silverwonders once again with better weather conditions.
- Monday trip blast, me think crew enjoyed the outing
- A lot of energy Monday no nap when me get home, to bed at 10:30, good night sleep, p ealr3 AM for 4 AM meet up with Big PJ at his abode, on the corner of our street
- No wildlife sighting along Hwy 11 or 90, but did see a few road kill, so the wildlife is at least moving around.
- Passed n breakfast, we on a mission
- Check point Able water level normal up at junction
- Check point Bravo no water moving at Reggio canal, this be good sign
- Home of the Bay Flat Sr looked deserted, we be the only fisherpersons moving around
- Made quick work of loading up boat, passed n Lionel’s had all we need on board eh Bay Flat Sr
- Yamaha Dream Machine lay in wait, ready for eh call to duty, insert key, little turn of key and she fried up ready to go
- Lionel was not open this morning, and not sure it was open when we came in??????????????
- Off to spot # 14 to try and relive the dream
- Wind calm, dead clam, then 2-3 W.N.W, swung around to N.N.W 8-10, perfect it be for spot # 14
- Sunny & clear
- Warm temps, but did not feel it that bad, we had a little more humidity today, but it was not unbearable, catching fish helped with that.
- Water level up a little
- Water temp 87.6F
- Water clarity on a scale of 1-7 was a 4 minus, not bad very fishable
- Tide just started to come in, we had some beautiful current lines, but no fish in them.
- We had bait in the water all around the Bay Flat Sr, bayou was loaded with bait.
- Only saw one boat, did not see any guide boats, they must be fishing Black Bay under the birds.
TECHNIQUE / STRATEGY:
- Be safe
- Have fun
- Put some run time on Bay Flat Sr. and Yamaha Dream Machine
- This be me daily therapy for ALL me aliments
- Gather Intel for future trips, and to share with fisherperson, (on rodnreel.com) to help assist them in their choice of areas to fish, lures to use and presentation of same to the elusive Silverwonders.
- Get Big PJ on some Silverwonders, make up for our last trip out
- Get some fish for Big PJ freezer
- Keep living the dream at spot # 14
- Find a spot # with the seven fundamentals / criteria of catching:
- WIND AT YOUR BACK: (Wind not a factor today, early in the morning me was wishing for some wind, any wind, ay direction, water was like glass. Later in the day we tried the Oak River Troll when the wind and tide where going in same direction.)
- MOVING WATER: (Perfect it be, start of an incoming tide, moved the whole time we were out fishing, we stopped fishing at 11:45 AM and it was still coming in.)
- WATER CALRITY: (Clean, clear, brown looking tint to it, you could see the lure down 12-14” with no problem, this criteria was not a problem today.)
- HOLDING FISH: (Spot # 14)
- PATIENTS: ( Took all of a second cast to have the first Silverwodners on the boat, got our crazy 10 minutes, from then on we had to finest them, one every now and then, maybe 4-6 an hour, but me / we never got bored, we had a lot of action all around the Bay Flat Sr)
- SKILL: (Utilizing Intel from Monday trip, Big Curtis & Big May where both doing well with purple beetle early in the morning. Today we had 4 in the box, thing slowed down, says me try purple beetle, cast bam, cast again bam, me tell Big PJ go to purple. We had (26) Silverwodners in the boat in no time, (crazy 10 minutes) had a bunch just lying on the floor of the Bay Flat Sr, picked them up when the action slowed down.)
- LUCK: (Morning started out a little hectic, rods all tangled up, Cajun anchors all tangled up, (me going to have to have a pow wow with Big May) me just knew this had the makings to a start of a bad day. But sun came up, Big PJ untangled all, and the Silverwonders wanted to play. Finding a new presentation that help us close out our 50 for the day.)
- Anchor up cast & retrieve slowly along the bottom, with a twitch every now and then, tight lining…………………………………99/9% FISH CUAGHT THIS WAY
Late in the morning, we had to utilize a somewhat new presentation, we would throw out cross current, let it go to the bottom, let it swing with current to where line was on a 45 * from you, then work it slowly back to you with a little twitch now and then, slow reel. This is the way the Silverwodners wanted it in the late morning, any other technique / presentations produced nothing.
- Oak River Troll (ORT)………………..NOTHING
- Reverse Oak River Troll (RORT) ………..DID NTO TRY
- Oak River Skim (ORS) ……………DID NOT TRY
- Cork ……..DID NOT TRY
- Lake P Troll (LPT)…………….N/A
- Dead bait………NONE
- Live bait…………………NONE
· LURE DU JOURE:
- 3” H&H Purple Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head with gold hook…………….CAUGHT 30 FISH
- 3” Chartreuse Glow Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook………….DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook……………CAUGHT 55 FISH
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 3/8 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 1/2 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with 3/4 oz. round lead head ……………N/A
AREAS / SPOTS / NUMBERS OF THE MAP FISHED:
SPOT #14 (46) t, 15, 6 (1) T, 5, 14 (17) T, STOPPED FIHSNG AT 11:45 am TRUNED THE Bay Flat Sr north for a quick (15 minute run) back to the slip.
- Lived to fish another day
- (64) NMR Silverwonders
- (9) Reds, 7 rat reds
- (5) Drum
- (3) Bass
- (4) Gaff Tops
- (1) popped line BIG fish
- (2) Oyster shells
- (1) Bushel of grass
- (1) Almost Gar
- (1) Broken pole, Big PJ Shimano rod broke reeling a fish in
- We had Bass & Reds hitting little shrimp off the bow and off the stern, this action lasted all morning, we caught a few, but they had so many in the water is was unbelievable, somewhere actually hitting the boat as they chase the shrimp, they were still hitting when we left.
- No food. No drinks , no snacks, me kind of trip, we did have some water that someone left in the Bay Flat Sr, me only need 1 bottle for the day
- Spending the morning on the water with one of the best fisherperson me know, Big PJ he be that
- Best fishing trip of my life, until the next one.
FISHERPERSON OF THE DAY:
Big PJ, caught the biggest Silverwonder 20” had to go 3 #, caught a bass, caught a few drum, and added to the creel of Silverwonders, but he got behind early and never could catch up.
Me looking forward to our next outing for a rematch, who knows maybe it will be his turn at that time, NOT!!!!!!!!!
Tide changes early, get an early start, have plenty Matrix Shad Lemon Drop & H&H purple beetles, with this hot weather they get soft and don’t last long. Don’t let them sit out in the sun.
PONDER OF THE DAY:
I’ve had bad luck with both my fisherperson wives. The first one left me, and the second one didn’t.
O & A:
Doesn’t “expecting the unexpected” make the unexpected expected?
FUTURE TEAM JO-JO’S next foray AGENDA:
Cancelled Wednesday trip, Loveofthepack wanted me to go with her that day. Me will be off the water for (2) plus weeks, (doctors, dentist, graduations, work, and road trips) me hope they have a few Silverwonders left when me get back at them, until then:
Team Jo-Jo & Oneofthepack
- No Comments
- 710 views