Got a call from a fishing buddy. He asks if I can make a trip to Buras, Louisiana. “Sure thing” says I. Meet at Joshua’s Marina for 8:30am.
We trying to give trout time to warm up as temperature 46 degrees early Saturday morning.
- We had not wait in line for launch all boats already in water
- Flag on pole hanging down limp – No Wind
- No problem with knats this day
- Tried a few oyster reefs
- 1st trout in the boat, but nothing after that
- Moved to a few more oyster reefs – 1 more trout
- No birds in the area – me think no shrimp in the area
- Water was clear as an aquarium – you could see clear down to bottom.
- We moved and tried several reefs, but were unable to locate any trout.
- We used plastic when fishing for trout
- No other boats in the area, they know something we don’t
Off to try our luck with REDS.
- We used live cacahoes for the reds
- 4 reds for the day
- Reds put up a good fight
- Reds were caught in shallow water along the shorelines
Beautiful day on the water.
No wind until later in the day.
Called it a day, wanted to go watch the Alabama vs Auburn game, then LSU vs Texas A&M.
- No Comments
- 883 views