Oneofthepack and crew for today have been trying to make a trip for 3-4 weeks, meetings, doctors, grandkids, shopping, weather just kept getting in the way, but finally Big Curtis & Big May & Oneofthepack picked today (Wednesday) to have our trip, it seems all the moons, sun, and other planet where align and we good to go.
- Big Curtis & Big May treated Loveoftheapck & Oneofthepack to dinner at Silver Slipper casino Tuesday evening, had a great meal, better conversation, and a realign ride there and back, thanks guys enjoyed the outing.
- Picked up 3 pounds of dead bait at Kenny’s’ nice size dead shrimp
- Got a good night sleep
- No wildlife sightings along Hay 11 or 90
- No Boast on hay
- No boats in gas station
- No boats at launches
- Meet up at 5:00 AM at Team Jo-Jo official meeting place Waffle House in Chalmette.
- Me meet up with crew was a little less enthusiastic than me expected, Big Curtis says first words are did you check the weather, predication have changed storms are coming. Says me do you want to cancel, storms are coming says he, once again do you want to cancel, me go home and go back to bed.
You the Capt says he, no it don’t work that way says me, you have to make the decisions, you the capt says he, once again, you have to make that decision, meanwhile Big May unloading me truck gear into their truck, guess we going says me.
- When we all in truck me ask Big May what Team Jo-Jo motto, no answer, asked again, finally say she “YOU GOT TO GO TO KNOW”
- Me explain to Big Curtis, me don’t look at weather, don’t want to influence me going, me prefer to go see actual conditions and then make up me mind, if not good me go home. All me can say out of 2,173 trips, maybe, maybe, (4) trips me did not go out
- Me explain when me working 5-6 days a week, and me had weekend off, weather was never a question, me just fished whatever condition me had to deal with, me think this has made a much better fisherperson out of me, fishing bad conditions make you a better fisherpersons for sure.
- Check point Abel water up
- Check point Bravo, water no moving. Not good
- Loaded up the Bay Flat Sr face, Yamaha Dream Machine one turn of key and she ready to gooooo.
- Passed on Lionel’s had all we needed board the Bay Flat Sr
- Off to spot # 64 D to start our day of fun.
- S.W wind 20-25 mph steady ALL day
- Over cast cloudy day
- Caught a couple of light sprinkles of rain, not bad at all.
- Mild temps, kept jump suite on all day
- Water level up 12-14”
- Water temp 63.9F
- Tide slack than started to fall , feel all day
- Water clarity on a scale of 1-7 was a 3 plus, not bad. Very fishable.
- No boats out and about, saw only 1 area looked very deserted for sure
- Bumpy rides where ever we go
TECHNIQUE / STRATEGY:
- Be safe
- Have fun
- Put some run time on Bay Flat Sr. and Yamaha Dream Machine
- This be me daily therapy for ALL me aliments
- Gather Intel for future trips, and to share with fisherperson, (on rodnreel.com) to help assist them in their choice of areas to fish, lures to use and presentation of same to the elusive Silverwonders.
- Fill Big May freezer back up, she need fish
- Try to learn to fish a S.S.W. / West wind/s
- Find a spot # with the five fundamentals / criteria of catching:
- WIND AT YOUR BACK: (Challenge for the day, in some areas we fished with wind in our face, but fishing with bait not as bad then when fishing with lures)
- MOVING WATER: (Slack at first but started to fall fell all day, had plenty of current lines to fish, this condition was a plus for us today.)
- WATER CALRITY: (Not the best, but not the worst, very fishable, we accepted this challenge as it.)
- HOLDING FISH: (Spot # 18D, and #21)
- PATIENTS: ( Needed a little until we hot the first hot spot, than it was on, on, on all day.)
- Anchor up cast & retrieve slowly along the bottom, with a twitch every now and then, tight lining…………………………………60% FISH CUAGHT THIS WAY
- Oak River Troll (ORT)………………..DID NOT TRY
- Reverse Oak River Troll (RORT) ………..DID NTO TRY
- Oak River Skim (ORS) ……………DID NOT TRY
- Cork ……..40% CAUGHT THIS WAY EARLY IN AM
- Lake P Troll (LPT)…………….N/A
- Dead bait………ALL DRUM, REDS CUAGT WITH THIS JIG HEAD WITH SHRIMP ON IT, NO TAIL
- Live bait…………………NONE
· LURE DU JOURE:
- 3” H&H Purple Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head with gold hook…………….01% FISH CAUGHT THIS LURE
- 3” Chartreuse Glow Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook………….DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook……………60% CAUGHT THIS LURE
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 3/8 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 1/2 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with 3/4 oz. round lead head ……………N/A
AREAS / SPOTS / NUMBERS OF THE MAP FISHED:
Spot # 64D, 64, 64A, 64C, 61A,B,C,D, 18D (36)T, 18 C,B,A, 21,20,2A,2, 18C, 18D, called it a day around 2;30, turned the Bay Flat Sr north for a very bumpy ride back to the slip.
- Lived to fish another day
- ( 38) NMR Silverwonders, 1 throw back
- (14) Reds, 12 throw backs
- (25) Drum
- (8) Cat Fish
- (3) Bottoms
- (5) Tangled lines
- (3) Bushels of grass
- Seeing Big May smile all day
- Spending the morning / day on the water with (2) of the best fisherpersons me know, Big Curtis & Big May
- Best fishing trip of my life, until the next one.
FISHERPERSON OF THE DAY:
Big Curtis got out the gate fist with Silverwonder, than missed another, at the hot spot he held his own for a little while, but not worthy for the honors today
Oneofthepack was just Oneofthepack, nothing special, did catch biggest fish of the day, much to the un-likening of Big May, but even with Big Fish of the day, not enough.
Big May she get BIG CAT, she done well in hot spot, and with drum and reds, she best us all, but me think her trash talk gain more respect from Big Curtis & Oneofthepack than her catching abilities, me , we think / know she fisherperson of the day, cause she said so, so, so be it.
Silverwodners hard to find for us, but the bottom dwellers are dong god an d are a lot of action, buy your dead bait at seafood place before you go down, as all they had was frozen shrimp.
PONDER OF THE DAY:
Fishing & catching favor the brave.
O & A:
Does a person’s name influence the fisherperson they become?
FUTURE TEAM JO-JO’S ODYSSEYS AGENDA:
Big Don & Big Lucy will be on board the Bay Flat Sr in the AM, they looking to learn their way around Delacroix and Team Jo-Jo’s milk run, as they have bought a new Mako and are looking to attack / assault our Disney World known as Delacroix Island as much as they can, look out Silverwodners you have a hold new team coming your way.
Team Jo-Jo & Oneofthepack
- No Comments
- 706 views