It had been (10) days since me fished, and (20) days since me been in the Bay Flat Sr running around our Disney World known as Delacroix Island. It has been a combination of work, Familyofthepack, and just being lazy that has kept me off the water. Being addicted to fishing, me had to get me fix in to hold me over for a few more days, before the urge comes back.
Me no post for first mate, did not want to expose them to the elements, plus expectations where very, very very low in the catching department. Me like to save me first mates for when they biting.
• Once again, (me be the fish at the table) me went to Hollywood Casino, me had all kind of luck, but be it all bad luck, could have bought (3) rod & reels with lures for the dollars lost, me think me will start things that way.
• Work starting to pick up, been having a steady diet of opportunities and challenges
• No wild life sightings along Hwy 11 or 90
• Plenty boats on the Hwy, gas stations, and boat lunches, they had a bunch launch out of Lionel’s and even more out of Sweetwater’s.
• Passed on Waffle House, McDonnel, but could not resist getting one of those over size biscuits at the gas station at Violet canal.
• Check point Able, canal at junction, water line indicated water level down 10-12’
• Check pint Bravo, Reggio Canal, water moving slowly out
• Reached the home of the Bay Flat Sr, place deserted, no one, had the hold dock for meself
• Transfer of gear from FORD transporter to Bay Flat Sr was a quick move, me don’t really carry that much when me go by meself.
• Still had that question in me head, how will the Yamaha Dream Machine respond from not being used in long time, took two turns of the key to get her hot, but once she fired up it was smooth the rest of the day. I Luv My Yamaha.
• Made me stop at Lionel’s for some go juice and dead shrimp, me knew me was going to need some bait to keep me going all day.
• Ran into Big Pablo, he and his crew gong to fish Grand Lake area spot # 62, 64, A, B, C, D, and Oak River Orange Bayou area, so me went to Oak River & North South pipe line to start me day.
• N.N.W. wind 8-10 mph
• Sunny and clear
• Water Temp 89.7F
• Water level down 10”
• Water clarity on a scale of 1-7 was a 2 minus, not looking good at all
• Tide just started to come in, it was falling at Lionel’s and coming in at Spot # 18, go figure.
• Mild temps in the before daylight, got warm once sun broke the horizon, but at 10:00 AM it was feeling pretty hot, me could feel me red button puckering up to pop out.
• Had boats all over the place, some stacked up 2 -3 in a row. Me think those fisherperson where just traveling together.
TECHNIQUE / STRATEGY:
• Be safe
• Have fun
• Put some run time on Bay Flat Sr. and Yamaha Dream Machine
• This be me daily therapy for ALL me aliments
• Gather Intel for future trips, and to share with fisherperson, (on rodnreel.com) to help assist them in their choice of areas to fish, lures to use and presentation of same to the elusive Silverwonders.
• Get me much needed fix
• Run around and take in the lay of the land so me can recognize land marks on where to run to get to wherever me wanted to go, it all looked different to me, cannot stay away to long me will never know how to run our milk run.
• Me just clean all me rods & reels, wanted to work the excess oil off the reels, and get some smell on the rods & reels, get that oil smell off them.
• Find a spot # with the seven fundamentals / criteria of catching:
1 WIND AT YOUR BACK: (Not a problem, fishing with bait, wind does to bother you much when you fish with bait)
2 MOVING WATER: (Perfect, start of a rising tide, came in all morning, still coming in when me quit at 10:00 am.
3 WATER CALRITY: (This was the challenge of the day for me, could not find any water me liked)
4 HOLDING FISH: (Spot # 14 loaded up, with catfish, me caught 2 limits of catfish, me limits are when me get tired of taking them off)
5 PATIENTS: ( Brought all me needed with me, me knew it was going to be slow day, and that me could not be choosey on what me wanted to catch, it was going to be catch what catch can type of trip)
6 SKILL: (Hooking them catfish, took a while but me figured them out, other skill was getting them off, me have one of those catfish flippers, works well.
7 LUCK: (Did not get stinged / stuck by Catfish)
• Anchor up cast & retrieve slowly along the bottom, with a twitch every now and then, tight lining…………………………………NOTHING
• Oak River Troll (ORT)………………..DID ONT TRY
• Reverse Oak River Troll (RORT) ………..DID NTO TRY
• Oak River Skim (ORS) ……………DID NOT TRY
• Cork ……..NOTHING
• Lake P Troll (LPT)…………….N/A
• Dead bait………DEAD SHRIMP DID IT ALL!!!!
• Live bait…………………NONE
• LURE DU JOURE:
• 3” H&H Purple Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head with gold hook…………….NOTHING
• 3” Chartreuse Glow Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook………….DID NOT TRY
• Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
• Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 3/8 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
• Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 1/2 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
• Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with 3/4 oz. round lead head ……………N/A
• Marker 54 hard plastic shrimp……….. NO TRY
AREAS / SPOTS / NUMBERS OF THE MAP FISHED:
Spot 18,A,B,C,D,E, 73, 17,20,21,22,23,8,6,5, 14, called it a day at 10:00 AM ran in before heat stroke took over.
• Lived to fish another day
• (0) Silverwonders
• (1) Croaker
• (1) Crab
• (8) Gaff Tops
• (9) Hard heads
• Saw (7) Alligators
• Big Pablo & crew had (7) Reds
• Big Steve (Nephewofthepack) and his crew had (6) Silverwodners fishing out at Stone Island, trip cut short they had to two in fellow fisherperson with motor trouble, took 3 plus hours to get them back in.
• Relaxing morning on the water
• Had a great one way debate about life, family & country
• Being in the Bay Flat Sr with one of the best fisherperson me know.
• Best fishing trip of my life, until the next one.
FISHERPERSON OF THE DAY:
If we count the catfish, guess me had a shot at it
Speechless me be, no not what to suggest, except come on fall.
PONDER OF THE DAY:
“Catching worries does not empty tomorrow of its challenges, it empties today of its possibilities.”
O & A:
How can you hear yourself fish?
TEAM JO-JO’S FUTURE STRATAGEM:
Nothing plan, but there is always opportunities and challenge to conquer, until then:
Team Jo-Jo & Oneofthepack
- No Comments
- 407 views