No plans to fish today, Big Don & Big Lucy had plans to go to Lake Amedee (re: Charlie Thompson post) they wanted ,me to go with them, but me was not feeling like that plan would fit me needs, so decline.
Did email them some more spots that others had sent me re: fishing Lake Amedee for them to try.
So it be another solo trip, which me like all me have to be concerned about is me, myself, and I, especially when the action / catching is so slow.
- Loveofthepack had to wake me up for me trip today, me no hear alarm. She up at 4 AM to get ready for the Mardi gras marathon, she be dong the half, after the race she will be high tailing it to the airport for a flight to Vegas. Loveoftheapck don’t let any grass grow under her feet, her and Daughterofthepack or making a business trip to Vegas, so me be bachelor till Wednesday.
- Big Andrew, Big Tony, Big Dominick, and Oneofthepack went to lunch Friday, (Big Andrew treated, me may not make the will, but me be helping spending the inherits) than on to the boat show, after making once past, we all ready to go. Off to Morning Call for coffee & donuts. It was a pleasure to hang with Big Andrew and his sons for a day, told Big Andrew this is a moment, you cannot plan these happenings they just happen and come together to create memories in our lives, and it was that type of day.
- Early to bed, sleep like a new born baby
- No wildlife sightings along Hwy 11 or 90
- Not many boats on the Hwy, gas stations, and/or boat launches, Lionel had 5, Sweetwater looked like 7-8, nit a good sign
- No McDonnell, no Waffle House, no last Stop food store, me on a mission.
- Did make a stop for a bucket of ice, and a big A_ _ biscuit, this be a quick stop
- Check point Able, water level down 4-6” in canal adjacent to Delacroix Hwy.
- Check point Bravo, Reggio canal, water not moving in canal, not good sign.
- Delacroix Hwy looked deserter, no activity at all, all the trailer parks looked deserted
- Big Don, & Big Lucy boat “Lucy” still hanging in the slip when me pasted by
- Big Earl Boat hanging in the slip too, guess they get a late start.
- Arrived at the home of the Bay Flat Sr, (brought extra battery this time, no need it) loaded her up in no time
- Lowered her into the water urn the key, Yamaha Dream Machine fried right up, purring like a little kitten she be.
- Off to Lionel’s for some go juice & dead shrimp
- N.E. wind 20 22 mph, strong & steady all day
- Choppy water, with white caps
- Overcast, some sun, but mostly over cast cloudy day
- Mild temps, kept me jumpsuit on all day, comfy me be
- Water level down 4-6”
- Water Temp 57.9F
- Tide falling all morning, with the east wind it started to come in around 1:45 pm
- Tide going one way, current gong the other way Water clarity on a scale of 1to 7 was a 2 plus, not good, not good, not good, lost sight of the lure 4 “ down
- Current lines hard to find, water so choppy and churning up the bottom, not good.
TECHNIQUE / STRATEGY:
- Be safe
- Have fun
- Put some run time on Bay Flat Sr. and Yamaha Dream Machine
- This be me daily therapy for ALL me aliments
- Gather Intel for future trips, and to share with fisherperson, (on rodnreel.com) to help assist them in their choice of areas to fish, lures to use and presentation of same to the elusive Silverwonders.
- Find the elusive Silverwonder. Looking for just ONE
- Me read / heard all the reports about Silverwodners in Little Lake & Lake John, but me was not able to confirm this action, and eh Silverwonders are still very much elusive, that is to me, may be others are better skilled at catching them.
- Needed some alone time to clear me head, and have a fresh start of the upcoming week.
- Find a spot # with the seven fundamentals / criteria of catching:
- WIND AT YOUR BACK: (This criteria was a tough one to accomplish, as the wind was so strong it was blowing around corners, and high ground)
- MOVING WATER: (Falling early, than east wind took over and pushed the water in, but me had moving water all day, just like me like it.)
- WATER CALRITY: (When me got to Little lake, me would not even look at the water, did not want actual condition to impact me confidence level on catching today, don’t think me ever looked at the water all day, just fished it, whatever condition it was in, “JUST DO IT” was me motto for the day)
- HOLDING FISH: (Spot 2A was it for the Redworries (21) fell prey to the H&H purple beetle)
- PATIENTS: (Not needed, action on most of the day, during a slow period the Pelicans put on an aerial show for me to help past the time away. Then me got tired so me laid down for a nap. The waves beating up on the Bay Flat Sr, and the humming of the winds as it passed through the fishing liens had a rhythm, but once me rhythm locked into that rhythm, it was go night for me. About an hour later phone went off, Loveofthepack let me know they ok, me could not go back to sleep went back to catching.)
- SKILL: (Figuring out how the Redworries wanted it. They did not like dead shrimp on a jig, and/or on a Carolina rig. They did like the H&H purple beetle, caught a bunch on just that, but when that slowed down had to improvise, so it be H&H purple beetle, H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook, and a dead shrimp strung on that, they really liked that combination.)
- LUCK: (Having the next (3) days to go fishing for as long and as many times as me like, Loveofthepack no rule these days while she be away.
- Anchor up cast & retrieve slowly along the bottom, with a twitch every now and then, tight lining…………………………………(11) REDWORRIER CUAGHT THIS WAY
- Drift with the wind cast & retrieve (DWWC&R)……………DID NOT TRY
- Oak River Troll (ORT)………………..DID NOT TRY
- Reverse Oak River Troll (RORT) ………..DID NTO TRY
- Oak River Skim (ORS) ……………DID NOT TRY
- Cork ……..DID NOT TRY
- Lake P Troll (LPT)…………….N/A
- Dead bait………(17) CAUGHT WITH THIS
- Live bait…………………NONE
· LURE DU JOURE:
- 3” H&H Purple Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head with gold hook…………….(11) R
- 3” Chartreuse Glow Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook………….DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook……………NOTHING!!!!!!!!
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 3/8 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 1/2 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with 3/4 oz. round lead head ……………NO TRY
- Marker 54 hard plastic shrimp……….. DID NOT TRY
AREAS / SPOTS / NUMBERS OF THE MAP FISHED:
Spot # Little Lake at N/S (2) r, 14, 5, 7, 25, 21 (5) r, 20, 17, 2A (21) r, stopped fishing at 2:21 PM, turned north for that lovely bumpy ride across Little Lake back to the slip.
- Lived to fish another day
- (0) Silverwonders
- (28) Redworries, 26 Ratworriers
- (1) Popped line Big Redworrier
- (1/2) bushel of grass
- (1) hour of a sound sleep till phone ring
- Pelican show
- Lots of cool fresh air
- One on one time with me & meself, had a very fulling conversation
- Meet Big Nick at slip, great conversation about the water quality down in our Disney World known as Delacroix Island, impact on same, and how much longer we have before we have no crabs, shrimp, fish and/or oysters.
- (1) bag of potato chips Thea Big Don & Big Lucy left on board our last trip
- Best fishing trip of my life, until the next one.
FISHERPERSON OF THE DAY:
The one an only one on the Bay Flat Sr
If you need help finding eh Silverwodners, call me and me can tell you where they are not.
PONDER OF THE DAY:
In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the fishing years in your life.
O & A:
Is it appropriate to say “good fishing in the morning” at the office?
TEAM JO-JO’S future stratagem:
Just like “The mice will play while the cat is away” Oneofthepack will fish was the feline is away.
Team Jo-Jo & Oneofthepack
- No Comments
- 593 views