After reading report on RNR about Silverwodners in Little Lake, (Delacroix) for the second time, me just had to make a trip and see what up with that. Low expectations so me did a solo trip to search for the elusive Silverwonders.
- Slow day Sunday
- Patriots won, me like Brady & that team
- Charged up Bay Flat Sr battery, ready to go in the AM
- RNR post hard to resists
- Out the house by 6:10 AM
- Passed on Waffle House, McDonnel, and Last Stop food store, did make a stop for a BIG biscuit and a bucket of ice at gas station in Violet, they nice people
- Check point Abel water level normal at junction canal
- Check point Bravo, water not moving at Reggio canal, not good
- Me a quick leaner, installed battery fist to make sure all OK before me load all the gear into the Bay Flat Sr.
- Delacroix looking deserted
- Lionel’s no boats launched, Sweetwater (5) boats, Gulf Outlet (1) boat, Bayou Bienvenue (7) boats, and look to be a slow day for fishing.
- S.E wind, then S.S.E, then S.E. wind
- Cool temps, jumpsuit on all day
- Fog, me fogged in all morning, gained a lot more confidence in me GPS
- Foggy, over cast, cloudy morning, all morning, never did see the sun
- Water level normal
- Water Temp 59.6F
- Tide falling, falling hard into Little Lake from Gran Lake
- Water clarity on a scale of 1-7 was a 3 minus in some areas mouth of Alligator Pass and Little Lake was a 2 minus. Grand Lake & mouth of alligator pass a 3, water looking good in that area.
- Not many boats out you could hear a few running around but you could not see them.
- A lot of those plants floating on top of the water all the way out to Grand Lake & Little Lake
TECHNIQUE / STRATEGY:
- Be safe
- Have fun
- Put some run time on Bay Flat Sr. and Yamaha Dream Machine
- This be me daily therapy for ALL me aliments
- Gather Intel for future trips, and to share with fisherperson, (on rodnreel.com) to help assist them in their choice of areas to fish, lures to use and presentation of same to the elusive Silverwonders.
- Take the Little Lake challenge, see if me cold find some Silverwonders to play with
- Install charged battery on Bay Flat Sr to fire up Yamaha Dream Machine
- Find a spot # with the seven fundamentals / criteria of catching:
- WIND AT YOUR BACK: (No problem, plus wind not that strong, only problem wind and tide going in different directions)
- MOVING WATER: (Falling all morning, it was even strong current in Little Lake)
- WATER CALRITY: (Me have to admit water looked a lot better in Alligator Pass, and Grand Lake too, had a good 3 minute to a 3 on the scale of 1-7, very fishable)
- HOLDING FISH: (They out their somewhere, but me could not find them)
- PATIENTS: ( None needed, the beauty / nature of Delacroix is all me need to keep me interested, plus me had the Pelicans to chat with.)
- SKILL: (Me skill no work, me would like to know what, (live bait, lure, if so what lure, cork or bottom????) they caught the Silverwodners on & where they located in Little Lake. Little Lake not that big, but when you looking for the SPOT, it is a very big lake and a challenge to find the Silverwodners.)
- LUCK: (Having me (2) GPS with me today , as they both where very much needed on the way out & on the way in, without them me would still be out there fighting the FOG.))
- Anchor up cast & retrieve slowly along the bottom, with a twitch every now and then, tight lining…………………………………NOTHING!!!!!!!!
- Drift with the wind cast & retrieve (DWWC&R)……………NOTHING!!!!!
- Oak River Troll (ORT)………………..NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!
- Reverse Oak River Troll (RORT) ………..DID NTO TRY
- Oak River Skim (ORS) ……………DID NOT TRY
- Cork ……..NOTHING!!!!!!!!!
- Lake P Troll (LPT)…………….N/A
- Dead bait………NONE
- Live bait…………………NONE
· LURE DU JOURE:
- 3” H&H Purple Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head with gold hook…………….NOTHING!!!!!!!
- 3” Chartreuse Glow Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook………….DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook……………NOTHING!!!!!!!!
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 3/8 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 1/2 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with 3/4 oz. round lead head ……………N/
- Marker 54 hard plastic shrimp……….. DID NOT TRY
AREAS / SPOTS / NUMBERS OF THE MAP FISHED:
Fog kind of limited me ability to run all around Little Lake to find THE SPOT where the Silverwonders hiding, so me hung around in Alligator Pass, mouth of Grand Lake & pass, mouth of Little Lake and Alligator pass. But me fished shallow, deep, up & down drop offs, did the Oak River Troll, popped corks to my arm hurt, back & forth from Grand Lake to Little Lake, and did this for 3 plus hours.
- Lived to fish another day
- (0) Silverwonders
- (0) Redworries
- No bottoms
- No tangled line
- No extra poles
- (1/4) bushel of grass
- Nothing, nada, skunked me be
- Spending me morning on the water with all that cool fresh, misting air blasting into me lungs, which be priceless.
- Fishing out of me comfort zone, i.e. fishing with corks, this not be me favorite technique / presentation, but me have to learn.
- Best fishing trip of my life, until the next one.
FISHERPERSON OF THE DAY:
Not be me, myself, or I, even the Pelicans struggled to catch.
Me still have no clue as to how and/or where to catch the elusive Silverwodners.
Did get a text while sitting in the fog casting, popping corks, me got a text from a fellow fisherperson from Mississippi, he was answering me comment on RNR regarding Silverwonders or lack of Silverwodners. He asked that me call him to discuss this, so me did.
His thought process, (Mardi Gras Pass) of what is happening concurs with just about every other fisherperson we talked to.
I added that me think the dam in the MRGO at Hopedale is another, super imposed by the powers to be, that is impacting the water ability through the marsh to circulate in and out.
What we have me thinks, is the fresh water quality goes out on a falling tide, than when the tide comes in, we get the same fresh water quality back in, no purge / filtrations of the water in the marsh.
We ended the conversation with him thinking of selling his camper, property, boat, and moving out of Delacroix, told him fi conditions / action continues, you will probably see lots of boats & camps for sale.
We both agree there is no other place like Delacroix for fishing, and we at a stage in our lives that we don’t want to have to learn another area to fish.
PONDER OF THE DAY:
Fishing is too important to be taken seriously
O & A:
What is the one most important goal every fisherperson should have?
TEAM JO-JO’S future stratagem:
?????????????????????? Lake P trolling the trestles
Team Jo-Jo & Oneofthepack
- No Comments
- 1,008 views