Nothing plan, however got a call from Jason co-worker, say he, me need a flavor, me father-in-law in town and he looking to go fishing, says me no problem, but me not catching nothing now, but if he want to go, me ready, cause “YOU GOT TO GO TO KNOW”.
After a discussion on when, decided today was going to be the day, set the meet up for Tuesday at 4:30 AM at Waffle House located in Oak Harbor, asked that he call me Monday night to finalize all.
4 PM o-clock Monday came and gone, m that when me realized I did not get a name or contact number to follow up with. Called the office but co-worker not there, sent text, but it would not go through, decided to try and call him on his cell. We still on for fishing tomorrow, yessum say he, say me what your farther-in-law name, says he Owen, confirmed where and what time to meet. Please ask him to call me later, which he did and we set for sure.
Big Ray right on time, seems me reputation from years ago still out there, seems Jason told Big Ray don’t be 1 minute late he will leave you.
It was all a miss understanding, we, (customer & me) had a somewhat might go, (you all have had that said to you too) trip. When Saturday came, (no contact from crew) me left at usual time.
A little after 5 AM knock at door, Loveofthepack opens the door, says she can I help you, says he I’m here to go fishing with Stanley, says she what time did he tell you to be here, says he 5 AM, says she what time is now, says he 5:05 says he, says she he left you, you must be late.
So it be a somewhat reputation, partly deserved, but the moral of the story is don’t be late.
• Opportunity knocked, never past up an opportunity
• Got off a day to go, play catch up tomorrow
• Passed on breakfast
• No wildlife sightings along Hwy 11 or 90
• Only saw 2 boats on Hwy, none in gas stations, and even fewer at boat launches
• Caution there is a big hole on Old Gently Road right in front of Coast Guard Station entry
• Passed pm McDonnel & Last Stop food store, but made the stop for them big ugly biscuits at gas station.
• Check point Able water level down 8-10” in canal at junction
• Check point Bravo, no water moving at Reggio canal, not good
• Home of the Bay Flat Sr forgot to give me safety speech, but all went well
• Quick transfer of all gear from FORD transporter to Bay Flat Sr
• Yamaha Dream Machine she fired right up, no foreplay required
• Made a quick stop at Lionel’s Big Joan at register & issuing bait, picked up ice, 50 live shrimp and 1 pond of dead bait, hoping to keep s interested in what catch can catch.
• Off to spot # 64 to start our morning
• S.S.W wind 6-8 mph, 8-10 mph later in the day
• Sunny & clear
• Had some overhead clouds or a short period
• Dodge some thunder storms, did not get wet
• Mild to warm temps, not bad when sun behind clouds
• Water level down 8-10” maybe more
• Water temp 87.8 F
• Tail end of a falling tide, turned and started to come in, what a perfect / condition tide it be
• Water clarity on a scale of 1-7 was:
Orange Bayou a 4
Oak River & North / South pipeline a 2
Scotty’s pond a 2
Spot # 71 Bayou Lery & Bayou Terre Aux Boeufs a 2
Average a 2 plus
• Had a lot of BIG clumps of dirty looking grass floating around, muddy looking grass at that
• Only saw one boat out and about
• Met Big John in Bayou Gently he on his way back from getting live shrimp, looks like they have plenty of real nice live shrimp for all you fisherperson who like fishing with bait.
• Bites & catching where off
TECHNIQUE / STRATEGY:
• Be safe
• Have fun
• Put some run time on Bay Flat Sr. and Yamaha Dream Machine
• This be me daily therapy for ALL me aliments
• Gather Intel for future trips, and to share with fisherperson, (on rodnreel.com) to help assist them in their choice of areas to fish, lures to use and presentation of same to the elusive Silverwonders.
• Give Big Ray the grand tour, Big Ray (lives in Florida) was raised in Chalmette, he knew all the right people growing up and living in Chalmette, and had a lot of good stories , (whose / who & what’s / what) to share with me on the ride down to Delacroix.
• Check off another reason for me to wait till it gets a little cooler to fish Delacroix.
• Find a spot # with the seven fundamentals / criteria of catching:
1 WIND AT YOUR BACK: (Not a problem, we fishing with bait, and when me fishing with lures still not a problem, most of the time we had one Cajun anchor out held us in boat position we looking for)
2 MOVING WATER: (Perfect, tail end of a falling tide, start of a rising tide, don’t get any better than that)
3 WATER CALRITY: (This be the challenge for the morning, me don’t like the looks of the water, lost lure down 3” below surface)
4 HOLDING FISH: (None today, but we did not give each spot much time, just kept moving from one spot t the next)
5 PATIENTS: ( None needed, Big Ray & Oneofthepack swapped fishing stories all day, before we knew it was 10:00 AM, time to head in and beat the thunder storms, heat & rain)
6 SKILL: (Dodging thunder storms)
7 LUCK: (Lighting & rain missed up completely)
• Anchor up cast & retrieve slowly along the bottom, with a twitch every now and then, tight lining…………………………………(1) BASS
• Oak River Troll (ORT)………………..DID ONT TRY
• Reverse Oak River Troll (RORT) ………..DID NTO TRY
• Oak River Skim (ORS) ……………DID NOT TRY
• Cork ……..NOTHING
• Lake P Troll (LPT)…………….N/A
• Dead bait………TIGH LINE ON BOTTOM HAD ALL THE ACTION
• Live bait…………………NONE
• LURE DU JOURE:
• 3” H&H Purple Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head with gold hook…………….NOTHING
• 3” Chartreuse Glow Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook………….DID NOT TRY
• Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook……………(1) BASS
• Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 3/8 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
• Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 1/2 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
• Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with 3/4 oz. round lead head ……………N/A
• Marker 54 hard plastic shrimp……….. DID NOT TRY
AREAS / SPOTS / NUMBERS OF THE MAP FISHED:
Spot # 64, 61 A, B ,C, 61 (1)b, 60, 21, 22, 23, 9, 5, 14, 71, called it a morning at 10 AM, short 5 minute run from 71 to home of eh Bay Flat Sr.
• Lived to fish another day
• (0) Silverwonders
• (1) Bass
• (1) Croaker
• (3) Fresh water cats
• (1) Gaff top(5) hard heads
• Saw (13) Alligators
• Swapping fishing / catching stories
• Exchanging stories about fishing Florida vs. Louisiana, we both agreed which was best
• Great food, drinks, as provide by Big Ray, another reputation me have, (not know to me) but it seems if you feed me all will be OK, thanks for the sandwiches me enjoyed them.
• Learning Big Ray, (retired) is a “Paranormal Expert” – Ghosts, haunting & The Paranormal, he belongs to a group / community of paranormal who travel the country finding & filming ghosts.
• Learning Big Ray’s better half for (40) years is retired, (lawyer) whom is a Medium. And she too joins Big Ray on his quest as a paranormal.
• Big Ray shared some of his findings / stories with me on the way back from Delacroix, it was very interesting, and he invited Loveoftheapck and Oneofthepack to attend one of the paranormal outings at Chalmette battel field in October, we both looking forward to that experience.
• When me got home told Loveofthepack about Big Ray and his better half, she wants to meet them soon, she & I are very much into ghosts, after life experiences, me need to set this meet up ASAP.
• When me got home Loveofthepack had chuck roast, mac chesses, ready for me, now that be the best sign of the day, me favorite dish to be, she too, knows me reputation about food.
• Best fishing trip of my life, until the next one.
FISHERPERSON OF THE DAY:
Big Ray, caught croaker, and all but 2 cast fish, he be the one for the day.
Me don’t have a clue, even with live bait could not find a red fish, had no expectation of a Silverwonder, but me sure thought me could find a red or two. So me now looking for suggestions, that be me suggestion for the day.
Also “YOU DON’T HAVE TO GO TO KNOW”, cause know this, it be tough right now to catch a fish, but the beauty of Mother Nature is all over the marsh for all to enjoy.
PONDER OF THE DAY:
“Be yourself” is about the worst advice you can give to some fisherpersons.
O & A:
Why didn’t Noah swat those two mosquitoes?
TEAM JO-JO’S FUTURE STRATAGEM:
Nothing plan, but always looking for the opportunity, real or unreal, cause, such as it in life , so is it in death, “YOU GO TO GO TO KNOW.
Team Jo-Jo & Oneofthepack
- No Comments
- 677 views