Big Dwayne responded to Team Jo-Jo’s request looking for a first mate for Thursday or Friday, but as luck would have it Big Curtis & Big May had to cancel, (me know they not be happy campers re: missing trip) out for today, so Big Dwayne jumped aboard the Bay Flat Sr and right into the open slot. He and Oneofthepack where on a mission down in our Disney World known as Delacroix to find the elusive Silverwodners.
- Had a great Sunday trip / journey with Loveoftheapck Big MaryAnn, & Big Charlie, we took a ride to Ocean Springs Mississippi to go shop at the Arts & Craft show, and to celebrate Loveofthepack’ S (??) birthday. The show had 800 plus vendors, and the ladies visited 802 of them, good time had by all.
- Saints won, good sign
- LSU lost but as far as me concern it was a win, thanks to Coach O and the LSU Tiger’s effort, “GO TIGERS”.
- Once gain a night with very little sleep, me 2 hours max
- UP early. Loaded up the FORD transporter, headed over to Waffle House in Oak Harbor for a 4:30 AM meet up with Big Dwayne.
- Me was concern about eh daylight saving time, and if me had the time right, but we were on time and right on schedule to see the sun come up, what a life
- No wildlife sightings along Hwy 11 or 90
- Plenty boats on the Hwy, gas stations, and boat launches, me no body works anymore, or that all the fisherpersons me aged have retied and all they do is fish.
- Passed n Waffle House, McDonnel, and Last stop food store, like me said on a mission
- Check point Able water level up a little. Good sign.
- Check point Bravo tide bailey moving at Reggio canal, good sign
- We reach the home of the Bay Flat Sr, no need for safety speech as Big Dwayne has fished with us 4 or 5 times in the past, he knew the routine, and has made a great effort for continuing education, (First Mate home school course) me think he has mastered the voice activated power, but still struggle with tying a bowline, me hope he has this down pat before our next trip.
- Made a stop at Lionel for some go juice, but me forgot me filled up after our last trip, me think the e tank took ¼ of a gallon.
- 2 pounds of dead bait and we off to spot # 14 on the map to start our day.
- Wind calm, then 3-4 E.S.E than shifted to N.N.W. 4-6 mph, nice all day
- Sunny & Clear
- Mild to warm temps
- Water level down 4-6”, with water falling even lower when we got back
- Water Temp 77.8F
- Falling all day, we left at 11:50 AM and it still falling pretty good.
- Water clarity on a scale of 1-7 was a 3 minus, lost the lure 8-10” below surface, had a real satin look, brown and sandy looking water.
- Current liens at every point, well define lines, perfect it be
- Plenty, plenty boats out and about.
- Saw 11 along the trestles on the way home, also saw THE BOAT the fisherperson that trolls, he knows, what knows need to be known, look out World Series trout time is near!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TECHNIQUE / STRATEGY:
- Be safe
- Have fun
- Put some run time on 18 foot Lake Sport, with a 90 HP Yamaha Dream Machine
- This be me daily therapy for ALL me aliments
- Gather Intel for future trips, and to share with fisherperson, (on rodnreel.com) to help assist them in their choice of areas to fish, lures to use and presentation of same to the elusive Silverwonders.
- Me wanted to travel farther out to seek what be, so we made it as far as the Twin Pipeline, but water not looking good at all, and not one fish did we catch.
- Needed a box of fish for Big Dwayne & his clan
- Utilize the Intel me got from Big Pablo from his Saturday trip, spot # 5 & 6 was his suggestion.
- Find a spot # with the five fundamentals / criteria of catching:
- WIND AT YOUR BACK: (Not much wind, easy pickings, fish any angle you wanted no impact on lures or technique.)
- MOVING WATER: (Moving from the start, falling, current lines all over the place, pushed us into some diving Seagulls. Used it to our advantage, even helped us with the Oak River Troll technique.)
- WATER CALRITY: (OK, 3 minus at best, as we traveled out to Twin Pipeline water looked worst, so we headed back in quickly. Never made to Orange Bayou, but me think water would have been cleaner there.)
- HOLDING FISH: (Everywhere we went caught a few, but # 5 & 60 produced the most, # 20 had a good run too.)
- PATIENTS: ( Took all of 20 minutes to find the mother load, from then on no patients needed, as the action was steady & ready.)
- Anchor up cast & retrieve slowly along the bottom, with a twitch every now and then, tight lining…………………………………52 FISH CUAGHT THIS WAY
- Oak River Troll (ORT)………………..(12) T CAUGHT
- Reverse Oak River Troll (RORT) ………..DID NTO TRY
- Oak River Skim (ORS) ……………DID NOT TRY
- Cork …….. (18) T CAUGHT, UNDER BIRDS THEY WHERE SAMLL.
- Lake P Troll (LPT)…………….N/A
- Dead bait………NOTHING
- Live bait…………………NONE
· LURE DU JOURE:
- 3” H&H Purple Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head with gold hook……………. 60% OF FISH CAUGHT
- 3” Chartreuse Glow Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook………….DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook……………40% OF FISH CAUGHT
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 3/8 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 1/2 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with 3/4 oz. round lead head ……………N/A
- Multi-color Twister matched up with 1/8 oz. head, with spinner, caught all other fishes.
AREAS / SPOTS / NUMBERS OF THE MAP FISHED:
# 14, #5 (10)T, #14 BIRDS (18)T, 14, 15, 5 (24)T, 6 (8)T, 43,44,45,46,49, 49A (twin pipeline dirty water), 24,23 (3)t, 21, 20(9)t, 60 (10)t, stopped fishing at 11:50 AM trued the Bay Flat Sr north for a quick smooth ride back to the slip.
- Lived to fish another day
- (82) (NMR) Silverwonders
- (2) Reds, throw backs
- (10 Stripe Bass
- (1) Big Sting Ray
- (1) Popped line BIG RED
- (1) Oyster shell
- (1/2) Bushels of grass
- (2) tangled lines
- Best cold drinking water to be had, provided by Big Dwayne, thanks man
- Spending the morning on the water with one of the best fisherperson me know, Big Dwayne, he on target, and excels very highly with the power pole, voice activated one.
- Treated meself to some GOOD Red Beans & Rice at Southside, love their Blue cheese dressing, bought a quart for home use, best food / value for your dollar.
- Got a hot date with Big Vienne, (5 Granddaughterofthepack) she asked for a dinner date we to go too Hibachi Express for dinner her favorite place to eat.
- Best fishing trip of my life, until the next one.
FISHERPERSON OF THE DAY:
- Big Dwayne a little rusty, but me think he leaning how to tie a bowline, will improve his catching success 10 fold, maybe next time he be fisherperson of the day.
Now is the time to go, (you got vacation, take it) Delacroix on the verge of busting wide open, me think this be a great fall fishing shaping up, even the BIG girls showed up today at spot # 20.
PONDER OF THE DAY:
“A fisherman is already halfway in love with any fisherperson who listens / fishes to / with him.”
O & A:
Does being catch less make a fisherperson better / stronger? If so, under what conditions and at what point is it too much catch less? If not, what makes a fisherperson better / stronger?
FUTURE TEAM JO-JO’S ODYSSEYS AGENDA:
Tuesday with Big Ronnie
Wednesday Dr. Day
Thursday Big Tony
Friday open, until then:
Team Jo-Jo & Oneofthepack
- No Comments
- 620 views