Me took me time Saturday before trying to plan a trip Sunday, as Loveoftheapck had some planes for us, but a movie , (Upside the name, recommend it, it be a good one) it be, once this done knew me had a shot of going fishing Sunday.
Texted open Bay Flat Sr to Big Don, I’m in was his reply, 6 AM Waffle House, me replay, few minutes later, reply he, can Lucy go, of course text me we all set.
- Great movie we saw
- Early to bed, early to rise 4:45 AM
- Had to gather all me gar as it be all messed up from last trip, took a while to load up the FORD transporter
- No wild life sightings along Hwy 11 or 90
- Not many boats on Hwy, gas stations, and/or boar launches, not a good sign.
- Me early for meet up, So got me some grits & coffee while me waited for crew
- Crew on time, (me like that) loaded up the FORD transporter and we on our way.
- Me sensed a little confusing with crew, after talking about it, seems they thought we going to Bayou Bienvenue, and not Delacroix. Me said me texted Bay Fla Sr, no problem say them they just want to be on the water anywhere.
- Me asked if they saw the post on RNR about (50) & (17) Silverwodners being caught in little lake, we all where very excited about this post. Me plan was to run to Lake John to start our day, but me now having second thoughts about running to Little Lake, crew said it is up to the Capt.
- Check point Abel, water level up good sign
- Check point Bravo, water pouring out at Reggio canal good sign
- Arrived at the home of the Bay Flat Sr, gave safety speech, loaded all the gear into her, and lowered her down, turn the key, HUSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have a problem, dead battery.
- Plan B take battery out of truck, Big Don says let’s take my battery out of boat, good ides says me, but after thinking about it for a while says he , let’s just take my boat the Lucy. Good opportunity for me to fish out of her for the first time, we all agree plan B best way to go.
- Unloaded the Bay flat Sr, drove to the Lucy, loaded her up and we on our way just a little bit late it be.
- Made a stop at Lionel’s for some go juice
- Off to Lake John to start our fun day down in our Disney World known as Delacroix Island.
- Fog, fog all day some light, some heavy
- East wind 4-6 mph, real nice
- Cloudy overcast day
- Cool to mild temps, kept jumpsuit on all day, cool when running around, and running around we did
- Water level up 14-16”
- Water temp cold
- Water clarity on a scale of 1-7 was 3 to 2 minus. Depending where you fished at
- Tide falling hard all day, real strong at points and cuts, open water was the way to fish today.
- Not many boast out, especially where we fished at. Most boat where out and about in 4 horse.
- Had a few nats out and about too
TECHNIQUE / STRATEGY:
- Be safe
- Have fun
- Put some run time on Bay Flat Sr. and Yamaha Dream Machine
- This be me daily therapy for ALL me aliments
- Gather Intel for future trips, and to share with fisherperson, (on rodnreel.com) to help assist them in their choice of areas to fish, lures to use and presentation of same to the elusive Silverwonders.
- Check out report of (50) Silverwodners being caught in Little Lake\Our first expectations was 50 Silverwodners, but we caned that to 12, later in the day we said one would make our day.
- Find a spot # with the seven fundamentals / criteria of catching:
- WIND AT YOUR BACK: (No problem, wind at our back in most spots we stopped, plus wind was not that strong at all.)
- MOVING WATER: (Had plenty, may be a little too much, current was torn in all our honey holes.
- WATER CALRITY: (This criteria was a little challenging, as it has been for the past 2-3 months, water clarity & quality off this year.)
- HOLDING FISH: (Another criteria that we did not find and or conquer.)
- PATIENTS: ( Needed a lot today, but we all had what required, we fished to 2:00 PM and then threw in the towel, but not until we gave it the old elephant try.)
- SKILL: (We had all that was needed, just did not have the right combination of them)
- LUCK: (Having a spare boat on standby just in case you need it.)
- Anchor up cast & retrieve slowly along the bottom, with a twitch every now and then, tight lining…………………………………??????ALL FISH CUAGHT THIS WAY
- Drift with the wind cast & retrieve (DWWC&R)……………DID NOT TRY
- Oak River Troll (ORT)………………..DID ONT TRY
- Reverse Oak River Troll (RORT) ………..DID NTO TRY
- Oak River Skim (ORS) ……………DID NOT TRY
- Cork ……..DID NOT TRY
- Lake P Troll (LPT)…………….N/A
- Dead bait………Both fish caught this way
- Live bait…………………NONE
· LURE DU JOURE:
- 3” H&H Purple Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head with gold hook…………….Nothing
- 3” Chartreuse Glow Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook………….DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook……………Nothing
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 3/8 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 1/2 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with 3/4 oz. round lead head ……………N/
- Marker 54 hard plastic shrimp……….. DID NOT TRY
AREAS / SPOTS / NUMBERS OF THE MAP FISHED:
Spot # 52, 53, Big don & Big Lucy’s top secret spot A & B, 53, 54, 52, Pablo spot, 14, 17C, 17A, 20, 21, 22, 23, 60B, & 60, stopped fishing at 2PM, had enough, turn the Lucy east, than north for a quick smooth ride back to the slip.
- Lived to fish another day
- (0) Silverwonders
- (2) Redworries
- (2) crabs
- (3) Bottoms
- (1/2) bushel of grass
- No food , no drinks, all we did was fish
- Lots of fresh clean, cool air in our lungs
- Relaxing morning on the water
- Cap Don got to make the longest run made in the Lucy since they owned it
- Cap Don was way out of his comfort zone running round all the spot numbers, but Big Lucy was his support, saying “YOU CAN DO IT” even in the fog, however the fog did make him little nervous.
- Spending the day in the Lucy with two of the best fisherpersons me know, Big don & Big Lucy
- Best fishing trip of my life, until the next one.
FISHERPERSON OF THE DAY:
Big Don, not sure what to say about is performance, if you count the pursuit, the confidence, the where with all, the perseverance, attitude, and the overall effort, he still came up one short of being fisherperson of the day.
Oneofthepack had one, but was still short in the challenge for fisherperson of the day.
Big Lucy drew first blood with her big Redworrier, had a bite or two more, stayed in the game all the way until 2 PM, never gave up, cast after cast, she be fisherperson of the day.
Me don’t have a clue about how to fish Delacroix with present conditions, but me going to keep going until me figure them out, cause “YOU GOT TO GO TO KNOW”!!!!!!!!!
PONDER OF THE DAY:
Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of fishing.
O & A:
Have you ever stopped to fish…..and forgot to start again?
TEAM JO-JO’S future stratagem:
Team Jo-Jo & Oneofthepack
- No Comments
- 625 views