This journey was afar, some 6,000 plus total developed miles over a 15 day period, Loveofthepack and Oneofthepack, made our way across the open seas in quest of knowledge, culture, architecture, people watching and the various fish & shell fish that dwell across the pond.
- A much needed vacation away from realty
- Trip was put together by Loveofthepack, no problems had we, she be on top of it all
- Plains / flights long but time passed by as we had our own TV set at each seat
- Customs coming back was a little stress full in New York
- Viking Star was an excellent ship in all the possible way you would measure a ships performances to, (I.e. ship, staff, personnel, excursions, entrainments, food, drinks, snacks, passengers, room size, shower size, (big one for me) etc., etc.) Star be the very, above the top of the line.
- All was good, good time by all
- Sunny most days
- (3) Ports we had a little rain in the AM, but after that it be sunny all round us.
- Temperatures mid 50’s, to mid-60’s, real nice it be
- Ship comfort zone was off the chart, well controlled
TECHNIQUE / STRATEGY:
- Be safe
- Have fun
- One on One quality time with Loveofthepack
- Put some run time on our vintage bodies
- This be me daily therapy for ALL me aliments
- Expand our comfort zone
- Gather Intel for future trips
- Meet and make new friends
- Expand our culture & education
- See how the other countries live & play
- The seven fundamentals / criteria a journey like this:
- Have the time, (i.e. retired) to have an extended vacation
- Have good health, take note of the degree of difficulty for each excursions
- Be free of youngings, they be out the nest
- Take that bold step and put yourself out their
- Review / plan your trip, dot the I’s & cross the T’s, Loveofthepack did one excellent job of bring the trip together
- Be open-minded, patient, & courteous at all times
- Save, save, save & save.
LURE DU JOURE:
- The unknown
- Be able to say me been their
AREAS / SPOTS / stops on the map:
- Venice, Italy
- Split Croatia
- Confu Greece
- Cruise the Lionian Sea
- Naples, Italy
- Civitavwcchia (Rome) Italy
- Florence / Pisa (Livorno) Italy
- Monte Carlo, Monaco
- Barcelona Spain
- Lived to cruise another day
- Learned that US Navy cruise and pleasure cruise are a lot different in many ways.
- Lost in time
- No problems / no worries
- Learned Loveofthepack and Oneofthepack can handle more then (1) martini, seems we had no limit of the dirty, and/or Lemon Drop martins, as we had no fear of a DWI, we were not driving the ship.
- Expanded me taste for various foods, me tried them all
- Gain some weight, no good
- Beat Loveofthepack at Texas Holdem challenge
- Seeing the various markets places, it had me go back in time when the French Quarter had its market place, with fruits, vegetables, fish, meats, and many other products that could be bought at the market, now it be a flea market.
- Arrived home safe & sound, with a great health improvement, both mentally & physically.
- Best cruise trip of my life, until the next one.
CRUIESPERSON OF THE DAYS:
Big Mille from New Iberia, her and Big Simone, (met both of the ladies on cruise) help keep Loveofthepack and Oneofthepack on track, with our partying, eating, drinking, and socializing throughout the ship & journey.
If and when you can, “JUST DO IT”!!!!!
PONDER OF THE DAY:
a thing you do
now or never-
which do you?
O & A:
How important is a journey in living a healthy and fulfilling life?
TEAM JO-JO’S future stratagem:
In planning stage!!
Team Jo-Jo & Oneofthepack
- No Comments
- 273 views