Today’s trip was a window of opportunity, busy week it be, texted Big PJ indicated there was a chance to go Wednesday, count me in was his reply, now have a first mate for trip to Lak P to chase the elusive Silverwodners aboard the Bay Flat Jr.
- Saw one of the guides (forgot his name, but his dog name is Jake) Tuesday as me rode around in the AM, he be going out to the trestles to fish with a crew, asked him how the water looked good says he, says me, me be out their tomorrow and check it out.
- Meet w/CPA not too good a year for Familyofthepack, but it was the best year of me life until the next one.
- Loveoftheapck & Oneofthepack went to the movies to see Vice, after 2 plus hours still don’t know what they talking about, did not see anything about fishing, saw a little hunting, but no fishing, might have helped if they had a fishing scene in it, me guess me slept through those.
- On the way home decide to buy a car for Loveofthepack, made the deal in about 45 minutes
- Slept like a baby all night
- Up at 5AM for our 6:15 meet up, had to prep the Bay Flat Jr and rig some rods before me picked up Big PJ
- Hooked Bay Flat Jr to FORD transporter, off me went
- Big PJ standing outside, e be as anxious as me to get at the Silverwonders
- Had to make a pit stop for some go juice, we in the water by 6:45, and in the water by 6:53, hate them long boat rides.
- Yamaha Night Machine started up in 3 pulls, very good sign
- Saw the black aluminum hull out, that be a real good sign
- Than the green skiff came out, that be another real good sign.
- Perfect, me mean perfect in every way, doesn’t get any better than this, no sir.
- North wind 4-6, shifted to east wind 4-6 MPH, perfect little ripples on the water
- Partly cloudy, sun came out and warmed us up felt good on me face.
- Cool temps
- Jump suite stayed on all morning
- Water level down 10-12”
- Water temp 51F me guess
- Tide falling all morning, slow at first picked as the morning went along.
- Water clarity on a scale of 1-7 was a 7 plus, out by mile marker 174 it was a 4 plus
- Not many boats out and about, saw 4-5, 3 of us trolling the other 2 cast & retrieve
- Not many Loons out
- No bait in the water and/or around the pilings
- No trash on top of the water, not like last time when we caught some fish.
TECHNIQUE / STRATEGY:
- Be safe
- Have fun
- Put some run time on Bay Flat Jr. and Yamaha Nightmare Machine
- This be me daily therapy for ALL me aliments
- Gather Intel for future trips, and to share with fisherperson, (on rodnreel.com) to help assist them in their choice of areas to fish, lures to use and presentation of same to the elusive Silverwonders.
- See if the Silverwodners wanted to come out and play
- Learn what learn can of fishing & catching in Lake P
- Try out me new Captain seat
- Find a spot # with the seven fundamentals / criteria of catching:
- WIND AT YOUR BACK: (Wind a none factor, not strong enough to impact casting, trolling or bait fishing.)
- MOVING WATER: (Perfect start of a falling tide, fell all morning, current was strong, pilled the lures close to the pilings real quick, you had to increase the angle of the boat vs. pilings to keep them from hooking up on the pilings.)
- WATER CALRITY: (PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
- HOLDING FISH: (This be criteria that was our challenge of the day, no fish, no holding.)
- PATIENTS: ( (4) hours of trolling, not a bite, not a nibble, not a hit, our only action was that of the pilings, and they felt real good at that.)
- SKILL: (Tried all me knew, used lures me never used before, fished the east side of the trestles, which me don’t like to do, tried jigging the head right in front and alongside of the pilings, whatever skill was need today, we lacked it in a big way.)
- LUCK: (One fisherperson never got to leave the dock, his motor would not start, but Yamaha Nightmare Machine did, what more luck you can ask for.)
- Anchor up cast & retrieve slowly along the bottom, with a twitch every now and then, tight lining…………………………………DID NOT TRY
- Drift with the wind cast & retrieve (DWWC&R)……………DID NOT TRY
- Oak River Troll (ORT)………………..DID ONT TRY
- Reverse Oak River Troll (RORT) ………..DID NTO TRY
- Oak River Skim (ORS) ……………DID NOT TRY
- Cork ……..DID NOT TRY
- Lake P Troll (LPT)…………….NOTHING
- Dead bait………NONE
- Live bait…………………NONE
· LURE DU JOURE:
- 3” H&H Purple Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head with gold hook…………….DID NOT TRY
- 3” Chartreuse Glow Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook………….DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 3/8 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 1/2 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with 3/4 oz. round lead head …………NOTHING
- Marker 54 hard plastic shrimp……….. NOTHING
AREAS / SPOTS / NUMBERS OF THE MAP FISHED:
FB-2 TO Mile marker 174, back and forth (4) hours
- Lived to fish another day
- (0) Silverwonders
- (0) Fish
- (6) Pilings (4) popped lines
- Vienna sausage for breakfast, me ate only one
- Fresh cool sir for me lungs
- Relaxing morning on the water
- Lots of practice of me knot tying skills.
- Lots of practice of joining power pro to mono leader
- Spending the morning on the water with one of the best fisherperson me know Big, PJ, he reminded me that our last time he skunked me, well seems we both got skunked today.
- Best fishing trip of my life, until the next one.
FISHERPERSON OF THE DAY:
The only thing me saw caught today, was a couple Loons had some minnows in their beak, so they be fisherbirds of the day.
Today was perfect day, you could not have specified, / design a better day and conditions of that day, it was perfect, prefect, perfect in every way.
So me suggestions is to all you fair weather fisherpersons, don’t wait for the perfect day to come to go fishing, subscribe to our motto, “YOPU GOT TO GO TO KNOW’ and know this we have caught more fish on days when others would not dare to go.
PONDER OF THE DAY:
No Déjà vu fishing trips please…I Don’t want to go through that again
O & A:
Is the meaning of life the same for Fishermen & Fisherpersons?
TEAM JO-JO’S future stratagem:
Looks like Saturday before me back on the water, stay tune, more disappointments to come.
Team Jo-Jo & Oneofthepack
- No Comments
- 511 views