Opportunity knocked today, so me jumped all over it. Called Big PJ he no can go honeydews, called Big Andrew, he no can go honeydews, me though after you reached ascertain age honeydews where not required anymore, that they expired when the desire cease to exist.
- Took advantage of an opportunity
- Bay Flat Jr already loaded up, and ready to go
- Took all of 20 minutes to reach the launch
- In the honey hole by 2:05
- Saw many Cormorants diving, this be the best sign of the year
- Had (4) other trailers at the launch, and one boat picking up
- Yesterday it took 22 pulls to get the Yamaha Nightmare Machine started, today ½ a pull, she likes it when you use her up.
- Off to trestles to star me evening of fishing
- N.E wind 10-12 mph, steady as she blow
- Partly cloudy
- Cool temps. jump suite on all evening
- Water level down 10 to 12”
- Water temp cold
- Water clarity on a scale of 1-7 was a 10 plus, black, clean, clear water, water like you would see in springs in Florida.
- Tide falling all evening, pretty hard too
- Saw 6 other boats (3) casting & (3) trolling
- Could not be any better
TECHNIQUE / STRATEGY:
- Be safe
- Have fun
- Put some run time on Bay Flat Jr. and Yamaha Nightmare Machine
- This be me daily therapy for ALL me aliments
- Gather Intel for future trips, and to share with fisherperson, (on rodnreel.com) to help assist them in their choice of areas to fish, lures to use and presentation of same to the elusive Silverwonders.
- Check out the trestles, see if the Silverwodners showed up yet
- Try different lures to see what they might want to attack
- Identify where the Silverwodners where holding along the trestles
- Try different techniques
- Re-educate meself on the how too’s of fishing the trestles
- Find a spot # with the seven fundamentals / criteria of catching:
- WIND AT YOUR BACK: (Not a factor today, all me did was troll, tight line accomplished by movement of boat)
- MOVING WATER: (Had a falling tide all evening, me think me would have more action if it had changed and started to come in.)
- WATER CALRITY: (This criteria was a little too much with a 10 on the scale, it seemed the Silverwonders like the water out by mile marker 134, as the water somewhat lost its clarity, still a 7, but a little sandy looking.)
- HOLDING FISH: (Both sides, (block or so) of mile marker 134)
- PATIENTS: ( Needed some today, bites where far and in-between, catching was even a little slower, but just being on the water and learning what learn can, keep me interested all evening. And when me caught the first Silverwonder, me turn into a hound dog, sniff & searching for the Silverwodners.)
- SKILL: (Being dedicated to trolling, me was in the right place at the wrong time, the Silverwodners are just about ready to bust wide open along the trestles, if we ever have a fog morning, and look out it will be on, on, on.)
- LUCK: (Not having any Honeydews, due)
- Anchor up cast & retrieve slowly along the bottom, with a twitch every now and then, tight lining…………………………………DID NOT TRY
- Oak River Troll (ORT)………………..DID NOT TRY
- Reverse Oak River Troll (RORT) ………..DID NOT TRY
- Oak River Skim (ORS) ……………DID NOT TRY
- Cork ……..DID NOT TRY
- Lake P Troll (LPT)…………….ALL FISH CAUGHT THIS WAY
- Dead bait………NONE
- Live bait…………………NONE
· LURE DU JOURE:
- 3” H&H Purple Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head with gold hook…………….DID NOT TRY
- 3” Chartreuse Glow Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook………….DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 3/8 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 1/2 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with 3/4 oz. round lead head ……………This did the trick
- Marker 54 hard plastic shrimp……….. DID NOT TRY
AREAS / SPOTS / NUMBERS OF THE MAP FISHED:
- Lake P from Northshore all the way out to mile marker 134, keep going back and forth crossing mile maker a number of times, this be where the Silverwonders seem to be.
- Lived to fish another day
- (3) NMR Silverwonders
- (2) missed
- (1) lure, does anybody catch anything with that type lure , see picture
- (4) bottoms (1) popped line
- Lots of fresh cool air for me lungs
- Dinner, all be it not enough, Big Randy & Oneofthepack both said the same thing, it really taste good when you only have a little to eat, but me think fresh Silverwodners taste good anytime.
- Spending the evening on the water with some of the best fisherpersons me know, me.yself, and I.
- Best fishing trip of my life, until the next one.
FISHERPERSON OF THE DAY:
One of the three mention
It is only matter of time, (and it will not be long) before the big girls show up along the trestles, keep making rips so you don’t miss the action when it happens.)
PONDER OF THE DAY:
If fishing makes catching, and nobody’s catching, then why fish?
O & A:
If freedom is simply being able to do what you want, are Silverwonders freer than Fisherpersons?
TEAM JO-JO’S future stratagem:
Looks like next week before me fish again, but one never knows!!!!
Team Jo-Jo & Oneofthepack
- No Comments
- 665 views