After reading that report on rodnreel.com (re: Lake P conditions align) this morning about Lake P, me just could not resist making a trip to see if the Silverwodners wanted to come out and play. First call Big Andrew, no can go honey dues, second Big PJ no can go cooking, last call Sonofthepack Big Randy, no can go he going to work out, so me did a solo trip to Lake P.
- Big Andrew and Oneofthepack had an early breakfast, after we made our way to the Farmer’s Market, Big Andrew bought some real nice BIG shrimp, and a number of others things for Big woody to cook. We then travel to Kenny’s Seafood, he had an order from Big Woody, and me had an order from Loveoftheapck that we need to pick up for them to cook for Christmas.
- All duties done, me ready to go fishing, made the calls, no takers, so did the solo thing
- Got me butt chewed on for not brining any fish home from Friday trip, so Loveoftheapck and Sonofthepack both made their request that me bring fish home today for dinner, nothing like putting pressure on fisherperson.
- Almost got run over, me thought the Hwy 11 bridge still closed, NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!! The cars & trucks where flying by the launch, me a fast learner, so me proceed with caution.
- Camagrants where out in full force diving & feeding all over the place, some in packs of 4-5 concentrating on spots along h trestle, now this be a good sign.
- Camagrants, be talking to each other, don’t know what they saying, but me like when they talking, this be a good sign too.
- Saw 6-8 boast out and about, so me not the only one trying to find the elusive Silverwodners
- Me started fishing at 11:15, and stopped at 1:45 PM
- Wind E.S.E, then east 8-10 mph, nice it be
- Sunny & clear, you could see the high rise building in New Orleans
- Mild temps, no jump suite today
- Water temp 55 – 56F
- Water level low 3 to 3 ½ feet
- Tide falling slowly
- Water clarity on a scale of 1-7 was a 2 plus, not good, but me said me don’t like dirty water, but may be the fishes don’t mind at all, so me gave them a good shot.
- Saw 6-8 boats out and about
TECHNIQUE / STRATEGY:
- Be safe
- Have fun
- Put some run time on Bay Flat Jr. and Yamaha Nightmare Machine
- This be me daily therapy for ALL me aliments
- Gather Intel for future trips, and to share with fisherperson, (on rodnreel.com) to help assist them in their choice of areas to fish, lures to use and presentation of same to the elusive Silverwonders.
- Learn more info, techniques for fishing Lake p & the trestles
- Study, observe, piratic the distance to roll from bridge, angle from bridge, and how much line to leave out to get lure to bottom and not catch the pilings, me still have a long way to go to master this one.
- Find a spot # with the seven fundamentals / criteria of catching:
- WIND AT YOUR BACK: (Not a factor today, had a cross wind, but no impact on trolling or casting.)
- MOVING WATER: (Falling tide all the time me was out on the water, slowly it fell, the wind and tide in different directions, the Bay Flat Jr almost just stayed still in the water, as the wind & tide have the same force on her.)
- WATER CALRITY: (This criteria was me challenge for the day, even though dirty water is me kryptonite, me still gave it a hard try, but me heart was not into it.)
- HOLDING FISH: (None that me know of)
- PATIENTS: ( Needed some, but me was able to keep me interest in fishing all day, just being on the water was a very big plus, and the conditions where perfect for me.)
- SKILL: (Me had a ace in the hole, me top secret spot number for catching, me knew Loveoftheapck & Sonofthepack gave me a request to bring fish home, so me did something me no do for many, many, many, years, made once last stop, Kenny’s Seafood 4 pounds of catfish & 3 pounds of shrimp, me no let them down, food will be on table tonight.)
- LUCK: (Nothing but good luck today form sun up to sun down)
- Anchor up cast & retrieve slowly along the bottom, with a twitch every now and then, tight lining…………………………………EVEN TRIED THIS, BUT NOTHING!!
- Oak River Troll (ORT)………………..DID ONT TRY
- Reverse Oak River Troll (RORT) ………..DID NTO TRY
- Oak River Skim (ORS) ……………DID NOT TRY
- Cork ……..DID NOT TRY
- Lake P Troll (LPT)…………….NOTHING!!
- Dead bait………NONE
- Live bait…………………NONE
· LURE DU JOURE:
- 3” H&H Purple Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head with gold hook…………….DID NOT TRY
- 3” Chartreuse Glow Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook………….DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 3/8 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………NOTHING!!!!
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 1/2 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with 3/4 oz. round lead head …………NOTHING!!!!! WATER SO DIRTY WENT TO NOISE MAKERS, RATTEL TRP, WIDE BILL DEEP DIVERS, TROLLED WITH THEM, NOTHING.
- Marker 54 hard plastic shrimp……….. DID NOT TRY
AREAS / SPOTS / NUMBERS OF THE MAP FISHED:
Eastofmrgo favorite 5 mile reef trestle in Lake P, north shore out to mile maker 174, not a bite.
- Lived to fish another day
- (0) Silverwonders
- (0) fish
- (4) Pilings
- (3) popped lines, pilings
- Sun tan
- Learned more info on fishing Lake P
- Sending the mid-day on the water with one of the best (3) fisherperson me know, me, myself, & I.
- Best fishing trip of my life, until the next one.
FISHERPERSON OF THE DAY:
The fishes & birds
Looking for some suggestions, how do you fish / catch dirty water in Lake P?
PONDER OF THE DAY:
Tis better to have fished and lost than never to have fished at all.
O & A:
Is the meaning of life the same for Fishermen & Fisherpersons?
TEAM JO-JO’S future stratagem:
Maybe Thursday or Friday me back on the water, not a good sign.
Team Jo-Jo & Oneofthepack
- No Comments
- 565 views