Arrived home Sunday evening from out trip to Point Clear Alabama, Grand Hotel, in our mail box was Big Andrew’s new bait caster reel me ordered for him. So me emailed him the good news, email back says he breakfast in the AM, me called him and told him me was going to make a trip to Lake P in the AM, says he me boat ready to go, have live shrimp on board, lets take mind says he, yessum says me be at your house for 6:15 AM says me
- Had a great Victory Bowl run in Alabama Saturday, it was a 5K run, but they changed up the course a little, we now running through the woods and have a few obstacles to go over as we run the 5K, great time had by all, we had (11) of us coontails make the race.
- Big Andrew long awaited reel made it to me home
- Did not take long to schedule / arrange a fishing trip
- Huston we have a problem, Sonofthepack borrowed me tuck over the weekend, he text Loveoftheapck an assured her it would be back in time for me to go fishing, but as 6 AM rolled around no truck. So Loveoftheapck had to get up and drive me over to Big Andrew abode for our fishing trip. Not good, & not a good sign.
- Big Andrew had the ALWAYS, (name of his boat) ready. Motor running waiting for me to show up
- Off we went in the cold of the night morning, neither one of us like running at night, so we took it slow
- This be when me find out trolling motor down, one bad battery, not good, not good sign
- We set up just north of FB 2, turned ALWYS around heading south
- Big Andrew drops over a sea anchor / sock, ALWAYS comes to a complete stop and me cannot steer to starboard. This sea anchor / sock could stop the Titanic from moving, it had to be 5-6 foot diameter. Says me cannot turn, says he speed up, we now almost on a plan, and me still cannot get ALWAYS to turn, made a first mate decision fast, and suggested, demanded we nix the sea anchor.
- Next up 5 gallon bucket, but this too proved not to be the answer to slow down ALWAYS, she traveling 2.3 to 2.7 MPH a full 1 to 1.4 MPH to fast.
- Next up stop and go, go a little ways put in neutral, put in forward, put in neutral, this not work either, so se deiced to just troll at 2.1 MPH
- Fished / trolled from 6:40 to 9:10 not a bite, hit, nibble did we get
- N.E wind 4-6 mph perfect, turn to north 4-6 mph still perfect
- Cool temps
- Sunny & clear
- Water temp 55.47F
- Water level down 8-10”
- Tide falling real slow
- Water clarity on a scale of 1-7
- FB-2 to mile marker 174 a 3 minus
- FB-2 to Northshore a 6 plus
- Saw 3-4 boats out & about, they came out after we arrived in our starting spot
- Had a couple 2 Camagrants diving but not much action
- Did not see many Pelicans either
- No bait in the water, water just flat with no action
TECHNIQUE / STRATEGY:
- Be safe
- Have fun
- Put some run time on ALWAYS and Yamaha Dream Machine
- This be me daily therapy for ALL me aliments
- Gather Intel for future trips, and to share with fisherperson, (on rodnreel.com) to help assist them in their choice of areas to fish, lures to use and presentation of same to the elusive Silverwonders.
- Give Big Andrew new reel a try, but we did not bring out with us
- See if they would take live shrimp
- Be on a search and conquer mission along Big Buds (aka Eastofmrgo’s) favorite 5 mile reef.
- Try different lures, both sizes & colors to see what they might like best on a Sunny day
- Find a spot # with the seven fundamentals / criteria of catching:
- WIND AT YOUR BACK: (Not much wind, this criteria not a factor for today)
- MOVING WATER: (Had it moving all morning, slowly falling was it)
- WATER CALRITY: (This be a challenge for us today, it no to me likening, but that not the concern, me don’t think the Silverwodners liked it either.)
- HOLDING FISH: (They were all over the screen, schools of them, herds of them, flocks of them, just all over the depth / fish finder screen)
- PATIENTS: ( Needed plenty, 2 ½ hours fishing / trolling and not a bite perseverance along with patients was needed today.)
- SKILL: (Speed, speed, speed, of boat, me think this too was a big cause of lack of bites, but we go back in the am tomorrow, in Bay Flat Jr, we will see if speed had anything to do with toady’s results.)
- LUCK: (Me FORD transporter came back around 8:30 AM today, me know have the keys)
- Anchor up cast & retrieve slowly along the bottom, with a twitch every now and then, tight lining…………………………………DID NOT TRY
- Drift with the wind cast & retrieve (DWWC&R)……………DID NOT TRY
- Oak River Troll (ORT)………………..DID ONT TRY
- Reverse Oak River Troll (RORT) ………..DID NTO TRY
- Oak River Skim (ORS) ……………DID NOT TRY
- Cork ……..DID NOT TRY
- Lake P Troll (LPT)…………….NOTHING
- Dead bait………NONE
- Live bait…………………NOTHING
· LURE DU JOURE:
- 3” H&H Purple Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head with gold hook…………….DID NOT TRY
- 3” Chartreuse Glow Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook………….DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 3/8 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 1/2 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with 3/4 oz. round lead head ……………NOTHING!!!
- Marker 54 hard plastic shrimp……….. DID NOT TRY
AREAS / SPOTS / NUMBERS OF THE MAP FISHED:
Lake P FB-2 to mile marker 174, back and forth
- Lived to fish another day
- (0) Silverwonders
- No fish
- (4) Pilings
- (2) popped lines, pilings
- (1/4 bushel of grass
- Water & snacks as provide by Big Andrew
- Watching the sun come up
- Watching & listing to the few Camagrants that were out and about
- Learning 55 foot boat sea anchor no good for a 18 foot boat
- Spending the morning on the water with one of the best fisherperson me know, Big Andrew
- Stop by at GUS to put some line on Big Andrew new reel, got some good intel on where not to fish
- Lunch at Camellia Café & Grill, Loveoftheapck joined Big Andrew and Oneofthepack for lunch
- Best fishing trip of my life, until the next one.
FISHERPERSON OF THE DAY:
Two fisherperson in the other boast trolling, they had (2) Silverwodners, me way of thinking it was a great trip for them.
Big Gus has a nice shipment of ¾ oz. lead color round short shank jig heads, better stock up on them while they last, match them up with the Matrix Shad lemon drop for Silverwonders action along the trestles.
PONDER OF THE DAY:
Catching is what happens when you’re busy making other plans
O & A:
Is there a time limit on fishing predictions?
TEAM JO-JO’S future stratagem:
AM Big PJ & Oneofthepack, round 2 of the Lake P TROLL?
Team Jo-Jo & Oneofthepack
- No Comments
- 467 views