Plane a trip today (Tuesday) with Big PJ aboard the Bay Flat Jr for this morning, but had to cancel out late last night, had another commitment come up that me wanted to address. But the day is 24 hours long, and when opportunity comes up you need to take advantage of it, so me called Big PJ on the way home, says me hooking the boat up, says him what time, told him me would pick him up in about an hour for an evening run at the elusive Silverwonders on our round 2 of fishing Lake P.
- Tough night sleeping too many things on me mind
- Loved the game last night , maybe that what kept me up
- Took care of a few things in the AM
- Hooked up the Bay Flat Jr, long 30 second ride to Big PJ abode to pick him up
- Another 10 minutes and we at Tites, 10 minutes later we in the honey hole.
- Everything shaping up to be a great trip, for round 2
- Wind calm, then 2-3 mph from the west, clam, no wind, when we left the lake looked like one big mirror
- Flat seas, surface like glass
- Sunny & clear
- Mild to warm temps
- Water level down 10-14”
- Water temp, guess 58F
- Tide falling all day, sowed down a little around 3:50 PM
- Water clarity on a scale of 1-7:
- FB 1.5 back to shore a 7
- FB 2 out a 3, real sandy looking
- Saw 4-6 boats out and about, they came out, but did not stay long, had 2 boast trolling plus us.
- Loons, (not Camagrants and/or comogrants as you like to spell them) it seems Oneofthepack failed bird watching, what me thought was Camagrants, is actually Looms, either way me like when me see them out and about, and this evening they were out and about all over the place.
- Pelicans cruising the area
- Some bait in the wat
TECHNIQUE / STRATEGY:
- Be safe
- Have fun
- Put some run time on Bay Flat Jr. and Yamaha Nightmare Machine
- This be me daily therapy for ALL me aliments
- Gather Intel for future trips, and to share with fisherperson, (on rodnreel.com) to help assist them in their choice of areas to fish, lures to use and presentation of same to the elusive Silverwonders.
- Try to get Big PJ on some Lake P Silverwonders
- Learn what learn can about fishing Lake P, and doing the troll
- Find a spot # with the seven fundamentals / criteria of catching:
- WIND AT YOUR BACK: (No wind, fish any angle, direction you want, perfect for casting & retrieving.)
- MOVING WATER: (Falling when we got there, falling when we left, but slowed down a lot around 3:45 PM)
- WATER CALRITY: (Falling tide which me like when fishing Lake P, strong at first then tapered off as the evening went along.)
- HOLDING FISH: (Scattered out one here and one there, but all south of the north draw, west side of trestles)
- PATIENTS: ( Some needed, it was a slow process, with lulls between hits / catches)
- SKILL: (Mastering the speed of the boat, amount of line out, distance from trestles, and having the feel of the lure , bottom, and pilings)
- LUCK: (Me never have to go, (go, you know go) but today was different, me had to go in a bad way, turned the Bay Flat Jr north made a “B: line to the launch, ripped off me jump suited, and wouldn’t you know it, fish god took care of me, she had a portlets waiting for me at the launch, now if that is not luck, me don’t have any luck.)
- Anchor up cast & retrieve slowly along the bottom, with a twitch every now and then, tight lining…………………………………DID NOT TRY
- Drift with the wind cast & retrieve (DWWC&R)……………DID NOT TRY
- Oak River Troll (ORT)………………..DID ONT TRY
- Reverse Oak River Troll (RORT) ………..DID NTO TRY
- Oak River Skim (ORS) ……………DID NOT TRY
- Cork ……..DID NOT TRY
- Lake P Troll (LPT)…………….ALL FISH CAUGHT THIS WAY!!!
- Dead bait………NONE
- Live bait…………………NONE
· LURE DU JOURE:
- 3” H&H Purple Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head with gold hook…………….DID NOT TRY
- 3” Chartreuse Glow Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook………….DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 3/8 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 1/2 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with 3/4 oz. round lead head …………ALL FISH CAUGHT WITH THE RIG / LURE!!
- Marker 54 hard plastic shrimp……….. DID NOT TRY
AREAS / SPOTS / NUMBERS OF THE MAP FISHED:
Lake P, FB-2 to FB-10 along the trestles in Lake P
- Lived to fish another day
- (6) (NMR) Silverwonders, (1) 3# plus made me day, me first mate did not email me the pictures of our trip, (left me camera home me thought) so posted what me had.
- Relaxing evening on the water
- Seeing and having the sun beat down on me face, it has been awhile, need to get me tan back
- Learned how the pro do it, tide to stop at 16:00 hours, (as per tide chat) pro shows up around 3:15 to start his day, me like this strategy.
- Loveoftheapck had some great left over Gumbo for us for lunch, 2 bowls later me on me way to go fish.
- Fishing with Big PJ, he be one of the best fisherperson me know.
- Best fishing trip of my life, until the next one.
FISHERPERSON OF THE DAY:
Big PJ came out swinging, is was somewhat like the game last night, he jumped out to a 3 nothing lead, and it only took him 15 minutes to hook up on his first Silverwonder of the day. Me though me was going to be involved in a blowout fishing trip, but seems he had a little trouble getting the first 2 in the boat / box, as he lost them reeling in and/or at the boat. These 2 misses left the door opening for Oneofthepack to catch up, tie-up, and then pass up me first mate.
We had a mishap, in the process of removing fish, a rod & reel ($350.00 plus) was dropped over the side while taken a fish off and putting it in the box. As a suggestion, (when in a small boat & trolling) you might want to tie a line on your rig, so as if they are dropped over the side you can retrieve them.
I have had 2-3 fisherperson drop me rod & reels over the side, but this be when me fishing with a $20.00 special for rod, reel, and line, no big deal, but me meself have never dropped a rig overboard.
Yes me have lost a few from fish taken it out of the boat, when fishing with sliding corks, me had quite a few go over, but for the most part me was right over the side to get it, me, may have lost 3-4 in me fishing life time.
The cost of rigs today, one cannot afford to lose them for sure, take care.
PONDER OF THE DAY:
In three words me can sum up everything me learned about fishing: It goes on.
O & A:
The aged old question………….How many fish do you get per pole?
TEAM JO-JO’S future stratagem:
Me of in the AM, know not where, but just off
Team Jo-Jo & Oneofthepack
- No Comments
- 598 views