Trip for today plan on Monday, Big Andrew & Oneofthepack had conflicting schedules and today was the only day this week we could make a trip. So we meet up at 9:30 AM at Big Andrew abode, boat (named Always) in swaying in slings, loaded and ready to go. Had a long 30 second ride to the honey hole for the day.
- New Year
- Wild week
- Caught me first fish of the New Year
- Rough night sleep, excited about going to fish Lakeshore Estate
- Loaded up the FORD transporter, quick ride to Big Andrew house
- Always ready, me jumped in and we on our way
- N.E. wind 6-8 mph, shifted to west 10-12 mph
- Sunny & clear
- Cold, colder, cold, could not even find little red button today
- Water level down 22 to 26” way down
- Water temp 40.4 F
- Water clarity on a scale of 1-7 was a 6 minus, nice and clear, UT had a brown tint to it
- Falling tie all morning
- No other boats out and about
- Had hard time of seeing any fish on depth/GPS/ fish finder, did not see any for a long time.
We came across one area with the fish stacked up, we made a loop and passed over the area again, could not find fish on screen. We did run across another school further back in the canal, but once again they disappeared.
TECHNIQUE / STRATEGY:
- Be safe
- Have fun
- Put some run time on Bay Flat Sr. and Yamaha Dream Machine
- This be me daily therapy for ALL me aliments
- Gather Intel for future trips, and to share with fisherperson, (on rodnreel.com) to help assist them in their choice of areas to fish, lures to use and presentation of same to the elusive Silverwonders.
- Learn area of Lakeshore Estate canal system
- Map out holes and drop offs, deepest water we could find was 36 plus feet
- Locate channels and edges of channel
- Locate and establish land marks future reference to ID holes & drop offs
- Put some run time on Maycraft boat named Always and Yamaha Dream Machin, Big Andrew motor has 298 hours, his motor little older than mind, me pushing 300 hours.
- Catch a few Silverwodners for dinner
- Find a spot # with the five fundamentals / criteria of catching:
- WIND AT YOUR BACK: (Wind not a problem we trolling all day, Oak River Troll, troll with trolling motor, and also sue Yamaha Dream Machine to move us along.
- MOVING WATER: (Tide falling, had a few current lines at all points, water moving was a plus for us today)
- WATER CALRITY: (Brown tint to t, u you could see the lure down 12-16” this criteria not the challenge for the day.)
- HOLDING FISH: (This be our challenge, as we could not even find any on the fish finder, and the ones we did spot where all 2-3 feet deep in 15-36 feet of water.)
- PATIENTS: ( Not needed, we in new area, learning, taking everything like a big sponge, time just flew by, until we got hungry. We headed back to the slip around 11:55, of to Kenny’s Seafood for some raw oysters and fired oyster sandwich with just butter on both side of the bread. Best part/s of out lunch was that Loveoftheapck joined us, AND……. Big Andrew bought.
- Anchor up cast & retrieve slowly along the bottom, with a twitch every now and then, tight lining…………………………………DID NOT TRY
- Oak River Troll (ORT)………………..NOTHING
- Reverse Oak River Troll (RORT) ………..DID NTO TRY
- Oak River Skim (ORS) ……………DID NOT TRY
- Cork ……..DID NOT TRY
- Lake P Troll (LPT)…………….WE TROLLED WITH WIND, TROLLING MOTOR, AND TROLLING WITH THE YAMAHA DREAM MACHINE
- Dead bait………NONE
- Live bait…………………NONE
· LURE DU JOURE:
- 3” H&H Purple Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head with gold hook…………….NOTHING
- 3” Chartreuse Glow Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook………….DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook……………NOTHING
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 3/8 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………NOTHING
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 1/2 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with 3/4 oz. round lead head ……………NOTHING
AREAS / SPOTS / NUMBERS OF THE MAP FISHED:
Trolled all the Lakeshore Estate canal system, and into Lake P
- Lived to fish another day
- (0) NMR Silverwonders
- Easy trip
- Plenty of fresh cool air in me lungs
- Relaxing morning spending the morning on the water with one of the best fisherperson me know Big Andrew.
- Got a good lunch, thanks Big Andrew, you be the man
- Best fishing trip of my life, until the next one.
FISHERPERSON OF THE DAY:
Easy call today, fish take the honors for evading Big Andrew & Oneofthepack technique, presentations of lures, and all our combing 154 yeasr of chasing Silverwodners.
Water is low, take this in consideration of where and how you will fish.
Water is cold, me think deep holes would be the choice of areas to fish
We did a little running around in the FORD transporter, Hwy 433 no one fishing, they be building a bridge, Rigolets only one boat launched, Pelican point no boats launched, Fort Pike no boats launched
Saw one boat in body of water off Geoghegan canal Double Bayou Lagoon, fishing tight to north side of lagoon.
PONDER OF THE DAY:
O & A:
Why don’t you ever see the headline “Psychic Wins fishing rodeo?
FUTURE TEAM JO-JO’S ODYSSEYS AGENDA:
Me off the water till Monday, hope me can stay sane for that long and not crack for lack of being on the water chasing the elusive Silverwodners., until the:
Team Jo-Jo & Oneofthepack
- No Comments
- 1,224 views