Today’s trip had a first mate, for first time aboard the Bay Flat Jr. she never even been in a boat before, but me know she will be a food first mate, however me think she may struggle with her duties of operating the voice activated power pole.
- Great X-mass
- Familyofthepack thought me look sad all the time, (just tired sometimes) so they gave me a gift, that me been wanting for years, but just could not convince meself, me wanted the responsibility and/or commitment to grow up with her.
- Got our Thanksgiving turkey for X-mas, now that a good Loveoftheapck, she be at the top of Santa list of good women & friends.
- Locked in the house for 4 days, this not good, had to get oin the water, me be like a fish out of the water, need water to breath and survive.
- Me think me got a Labrador that does not like water, this not a god sign
- Only ONE pull to start Yamaha Nightmare Machine, now that be a great sign
- WNW wind 6-8 mph. nice
- Over cast day
- Got caught in a drizzle almost all the time we out, no rain hard, but steady
- Cool temps
- Jump suite on all morning for being cool and not getting wet, but wet me did get.
- Water level up 14-16”
- Water temp 59F
- Tide, Water falling out of Lakeshore pretty good, had a nice current line at entrance.
- Water clarity on a scale of 1-7 was a 5 plus. Not bad, the further back me went the better the water looked.
- Had 2-3 boats in Lakeshore, and 6 trailers t The Dock, only saw 2 out and about.
- Had 2 boats launching as me picking up
TECHNIQUE / STRATEGY:
- Be safe
- Have fun
- Put some run time on Bay Flat Jr. and Yamaha Nightmare Machine
- This be me daily therapy for ALL me aliments
- Gather Intel for future trips, and to share with fisherperson, (on rodnreel.com) to help assist them in their choice of areas to fish, lures to use and presentation of same to the elusive Silverwonders.
- Take Jo-Jo II on her madden voyage in a boat & truck
- See if Jo-Jo II liked water, me don’t think so, she tried to hide from the rain
- Explore, study, and learn the fishing/ catching of Lakeshore Estate, I has plenty waster up to depth of 25 feet, not much solid / oyster bottoms. Has a great grass shoreline to fish, and many current lines at all eh points and turns in the canals.)
- Find a spot # with the seven fundamentals / criteria of catching:
- WIND AT YOUR BACK: (No problem, use it to do Oak River troll, and when me casting got up on a lee shoreline and cast out to the drop offs.)
- MOVING WATER: (This criteria fine, plenty moving water in all the canals and points.)
- WATER CALRITY: (Little cloudy, but you could see the lure down 2 – 3 feet.)
- HOLDING FISH: (Did not even see nay on the depth finder, did see a few fish jumping along the shoreline.)
- PATIENTS: ( None needed, me enjoying the outing, and observing Jo-Jo II as she experience her surroundings / journey.)
- SKILL: (Getting Bay Flat Jr launched and oickedked up, ramp very slippery, took a while to get her launched, coming up me did not back down that far, came up pretty easily.
- LUCK: (Getting me Jo-Jo II for X-mas.
- Anchor up cast & retrieve slowly along the bottom, with a twitch every now and then, tight lining…………………………………NOTHING
- Oak River Troll (ORT)………………..NOTHING
- Reverse Oak River Troll (RORT) ………..DID NTO TRY
- Oak River Skim (ORS) ……………DID NOT TRY
- Cork ……..DID NOT TRY
- Lake P Troll (LPT)…………….N/A
- Dead bait………NONE
- Live bait…………………NONE
· LURE DU JOURE:
- 3” H&H Purple Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head with gold hook…………….DID NOT TRY
- 3” Chartreuse Glow Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook………….DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 3/8 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………NOTHING
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 1/2 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with 3/4 oz. round lead head ……………N/A
- Marker 54 hard plastic shrimp……….. DID NOT TRY
AREAS / SPOTS / NUMBERS OF THE MAP FISHED:
Lakeshore Estates canal systems, did not get to spend much time as the rain was steady and ran us in, Jo-o was glad to get back to the truck, as was me!!!
- Lived to fish another day
- (0) Silverwonders still elusive
- NO FISHES, NOE, NODDA, ZIP, but what trip
- Spending time on the water with one of the best fisherdogs me know Big Jo-Jo II that be.
- Best fishing trip of my life, until the next one.
FISHERPERSON OF THE DAY:
- Fishes think they won, but we will see tomorrow who wins the honors.
- Take a dog fishing, best type fishing partner, they love you to death, don’t talk much, will back up your lies by wagging their tail, can keep a secret, fisherperson cannot resist them and will lick away all your tears when you don’t catch anything.
PONDER OF THE DAY:
We know what we fish, but know not what we may be fishing.
O & A:
If a dog’s life is equal to 7 years of a human life, and each day a human fishes takes a day off his life, what is the results of a dog’s life when they go fishing for a day, ok math majors answer that one??????
TEAM JO-JO’S future stratagem:
Hoping to find a fishing partner tomorrow, threw the bait out for Big Pablo he to advise if he can make it.
Team Jo-Jo & Oneofthepack
- No Comments
- 525 views