Just got back from vacation to Dallas Texas Sunday night around 7:30 PM started looking for a first mate when me reached Baton Rouge, followed up with phone calls, text & email, but got no takers. So me did the next best thing, solo trip to our Disney Word known as Delacroix Island.
- Loveofthepack, Oneofthepack and Familyofthepack made a road trip to Wolf Lodge (Hotel / indoor water park) located in Grapevine Dallas Texas in celebration of Big Vienne 6th birthday, and that she be graduation and going to first grade next year.
- 10 hours there, 10 hour back on the road with 4 grandkids, me here to tell you we loved every minute of it, but me no do it again.
- Best memories of the trip will be a little accident, seems Big Burgan got tangled up in the car seat belt, it was a good tangle up. We called On Star to seek help, and they called Chevy, on the line for about 40 minutes.
Told Big Jodie to call local Chevy dealer service department closed, explain it was am emergency, they hooked me up with someone, but after explain to him, he suggested cutting belt.
ON Star still on phone, nothing much happening, finally they suggest cutting belt.
Now we call 911, police shows up he made a few attempt, (just like we did) to untangle the belt, but just like us nothing, he suggested cutting belt. All the ladies remembered about the officer was he was real cute
Back to me original suggestion to Daughterofthepack, cut the belt, she was concern about the cost to repair, and the act that we had to drive back to new Orleans less one seat belt, but cut the belt she did.
Big Burgan bank account will take a hit.
Do any of you fisherperson know how to release the harness so belt will come out once it is set for driving?
- Called Big Bud (aka Eastofmrgo) when we reached Baton Rouge to see how he making out, after talking to him, (he still under the weather) did not have the heart to entice him to go.
- Respond to Big Dwayne email, asking if he would like to go, called him asked that he call me nothing, come to find out he out of the country.
- Emailed and called Big Don, he can no go work in the way, some people just not have the best priorities in life.
- Test, called, emailed Big PJ, nothing, he did call when me out at Delacroix, said he would have love to have gone.
- Look to be a solo trip for me
- No wildlife sightings along Hwy 11 or 90
- Not many boats on Hwy, gas stations, and / or boat launches
- Passed on Waffle House, McDonnel, and Last Stop food store, but did stop and buy me 2 glaze donuts been having yearning for them for a long time.
- Check point Able water level up 8-10”
- Check point Bravo no water moving at Reggio canal, not good sign
- Bay Flat Sr looking good, Yamaha Dream Machine one turn of the key and we off.
- Quick stop at Lionel’s for go juice and ice
- Off to spot # 51D-1 to start me day.
- N.E wind 15-20 mph, steady she blew all day
- Cloudy overcast day perfect
- Fog perfect
- Cool to mild temps
- Water temp 63.8F
- Water level up 8 -10”
- Tide falling real hard, wind also pushing it at spot 51D-1, North wind not a good wind for this spot, around 11:15 showed signs of coming in, by noon it coming in real good, bite on now.
- Water clarity on a scale of 1-7 was a 7 plus, you could see the lure down 3 – 4 feet clear, dark, clean, best water yet this year.
- Had a few boats out and about even with the wind & weather, plenty commercial boats out and about too
TECHNIQUE / STRATEGY:
- Be safe
- Have fun
- Put some run time on Bay Flat Sr. and Yamaha Dream Machine
- This be me daily therapy for ALL me aliments
- Gather Intel for future trips, and to share with fisherperson, (on rodnreel.com) to help assist them in their choice of areas to fish, lures to use and presentation of same to the elusive Silverwonders.
- Be alone in a quiet place for a while, just me and mother nature
- See if the Silverwodners still in / around the spot 51 A, B, C, D, & D-1
- Cath a few Silverwodners for Big Andrew and his crew
- Find a spot # with the seven fundamentals / criteria of catching:
- WIND AT YOUR BACK: (This be the challenge for the day, have plenty spots in zone 1 & 2 for a north wind to be at me back, but me new to this area have a limited number of spots to fish. Me knew where the Silverwonders where, but boat position was a problem to fish the spot, just had to suck it up and get tough, wind in me face casting into it and trying to feel the bites was a challenge too.)
- MOVING WATER: (At first it was pouring out, too fast, then it slowed, slack, then started to come in, had moving water pretty much all day, this criteria not a problem)
- WATER CALRITY: (No problem, had a 7 all over the place)
- HOLDING FISH: (Spot 51 (32)t)
- PATIENTS: ( Spot 51D-1 no action at all, now what me think, did the Oak River Troll picked dup two, now what me say, very slow morning, one every 30- 40 minutes, plus you could hardly feel the bites, me don’t think many fisherperson could have felt them it was a real strange bite. Me ran around to tow other spots, but me knew where they were at, me just had to figure them out, but around 11:45 tide started to come in, moved boat to where wind in me face, and the bites where on, on, on.)
- SKILL: (Using various presentations, must have used 8-10 different techniques / presentations, various rod positions, slow retrieve along the bottom, very slow retrieve along the bottom, they biting lie it winter time.)
- LUCK: (Fog not too thick, and me got up and went without a first mate
- Anchor up cast & retrieve slowly along the bottom, with a twitch every now and then, tight lining…………………………………99% FISH CUAGHT THIS WAY
- Oak River Troll (ORT)………………..(2) CUAGHT THIS WAY
- Reverse Oak River Troll (RORT) ………..DID NTO TRY
- Oak River Skim (ORS) ……………DID NOT TRY
- Cork ……..NOTHING
- Lake P Troll (LPT)…………….N/A
- Dead bait………NONE
- Live bait…………………NONE
· LURE DU JOURE:
- 3” H&H Purple Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head with gold hook…………….NOTHING
- 3” Chartreuse Glow Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook………….DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook……………100% OF FISH CAUGHT WITH THIS LURE
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 3/8 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 1/2 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with 3/4 oz. round lead head ……………N/A
AREAS / SPOTS / NUMBERS OF THE MAP FISHED:
Spot # 51D-1, D, (2) t C, B, A, 51 (11) t, 50B, 50C, 51 (21) t, 51C (2) t, stopped fishing at 1:40 PM, called it a day, smooth ride aback to the slip.
- Lived to fish another day
- (36) NMR Silverwonders
- (1) 14” Rat Red
- (2) Oyster Shells
- (1 ½) bushels of grass
- One with Mother Nature
- Relaxing quite morning on the water
- Got to bring Big Andrew some Silverwodners.
- Best fishing trip of my life, until the next one.
FISHERPERSON OF THE DAY:
One of three
Get an early start, tide will fall till about 8 AM, then you will have to wait for tide to come in, catch on falling and incoming tide.
PONDER OF THE DAY:
Things would be a lot nicer if antique fisherpersons were valued as much as antique lures!
O & A:
Do fish have bad breath?
FUTURE TEAM JO-JO’S next foray AGENDA:
Big PJ and me back at them in the AM, until then:
Team Jo-Jo & Oneofthepack
- No Comments
- 678 views