Only (3) of us left from Saturday journey to make a Sunday morning trip, Big Rick, Big Earl, and Oneofthepack headed out in Big Rick’s boat, in search of the Redworries leader of the pack.
• Crew had a lot of anticipation with the Redworries
• Up early
• Same conditions as Saturday
• Had live bait left over from Saturday trip, good sign
• Not many boats out and about
• Not many sound of the hunters be out too
• Our hot spot did not have one boat in it, not a good sign, was expecting to see 5-6 at least fishing the area.
• N.N.W. wind 8-10 mph
• Sunny & clear
• Hot temps
• Water level up 3”
• Water Temp 86.9F
• Water clarity on a scale of 1-7 was a 2 plus, not looking good
• Tide coming in at a pretty good pace and bucking a N.N.W. wind a that
TECHNIQUE / STRATEGY:
• Be safe
• Have fun
• Put some run time on Big Rick’s boat, and his Yamaha Dream Machine
• This be me daily therapy for ALL me aliments
• Gather Intel for future trips, and to share with fisherperson, (on rodnreel.com) to help assist them in their choice of areas to fish, lures to use and presentation of same to the elusive Silverwonders.
• Head straight to the Redworries honey hole of Saturday, have a quick repeat in the catching department, and get back quick for the Saints game.
• Find a spot # with the seven fundamentals / criteria of catching:
1 WIND AT YOUR BACK: (Wind same as Saturday, may be a little stronger, but this criteria not a problem.)
2 MOVING WATER: (Me think this criteria was the problem, tide coming in and never did it turn around, me thought me had it figured out, by 10 AM tide should be the same as Saturday, but that was not to be, it came in all morning, never showed any signs of falling)
3 WATER CALRITY: (Little worse than Saturday but about the same, me don’t like fishing in this clarity of water, but with bait it did not seem to matter Saturday.)
4 HOLDING FISH: (We only fished spot # 21 all morning we hung around waiting for the tide to change stopped fishing at 10:20 AM, tide still rising pretty good.)
5 PATIENTS: ( We needed some, only caught 4 fish total or the morning)
6 SKILL: (We had plenty, but not what the Redworries looking for)
7 LUCK: (Saints won!!!!! GO TIGERS)
• Anchor up cast & retrieve slowly along the bottom, with a twitch every now and then, tight lining…………………………………NOTHING
• Oak River Troll (ORT)………………..DID ONT TRY
• Reverse Oak River Troll (RORT) ………..DID NTO TRY
• Oak River Skim (ORS) ……………DID NOT TRY
• Cork ……..NOTHING
• Lake P Troll (LPT)…………….N/A
• Dead bait………HAD ALL THE ACTION WITH DEAD BAIT
• Live bait…………………NONE
• LURE DU JOURE:
• 3” H&H Purple Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head with gold hook…………….DID NOT TRY
• 3” Chartreuse Glow Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook………….DID NOT TRY
• Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook……………NOTHING
• Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 3/8 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
• Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 1/2 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
• Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with 3/4 oz. round lead head ……………N/A
• Marker 54 hard plastic shrimp……….. DID NOT TRY
AREAS / SPOTS / NUMBERS OF THE MAP FISHED:
Lived & died at spot # 21
• Lived to fish another day
• (0) Silverwonders
• (3) Redworries, 2 throw backs
• (1) Fresh water drum
• Hard Heads,
• Gaff Tops
• (4) Bushels of grass
• All the fresh air we wanted
• No food, just like me like it
• Quick trip
• Spending the morning on the water with 2 of the best fisherpersons me know Big Rick & Big Earl
• Best fishing trip of my life, until the next one.
FISHERPERSON OF THE DAY:
Big Rick still feeling a little under the weather, he did manage to catch a Ratworrie, that was not yet big enough to get in the box, but hi effort was their but it was not to be.
Oneofthepack except for a suicide fresh water drum would have been skunked for the morning
Big Earl caught the only keeper. Caught this biggest, caught the most, took the honors today, but there is always tomorrow.
Think dead and live shrimp, don’t leave home without it / them on board.
PONDER OF THE DAY:
“That which does not destroy of fishing ability, makes us better fisherpersons.”
O & A:
What are the lures that stand between you and complete happiness?
TEAM JO-JO’S FUTURE STRATAGEM:
Come on October & cooler weather
Team Jo-Jo & Oneofthepack
- No Comments
- 581 views