Today’s trip plan for a couple of weeks, Big Dwayne came aboard the Bay Flat Sr, in the hope of catching a few fishes and spending time down in our Disney World known as Delacroix Inland.
- Meet up was for 4:30 am at Waffle House in Oak Harbor, we both on time, but day light looked to be always off, based on today’s break of day, Me think we can start leaving at 5:00 AM, this should be just right to be in the honey hole on time.
- No wildlife sightings along Hwy 11 and 90
- No many boast on Hwy, gas stations, and boat launches
- Passed on Waffle House, McDonnel, and Last Stop food store, we on a mission
- Check point Abel, canal at junction, water down 8-10”
- Check point Bravo Reggio Canal, water looked to be falling slowly.
- Road & Delacroix looked deserted, not much action activity going on, even the guide boats all appeared to be at the dock.
- Lake P looking good hardly any wind, me had a decision to make when me get home
- N.W wind 4-6 mph, nice all day, all me could think about was me should have been in Lake P.
- Partly sunny, partly cloudy, and some overcast around us
- Cold to cool temps, jumpsuit stayed on all day
- Water level down 8-10”
- Water Temp 52.9F. settled down AROUND 53F all day
- Looked to be a start of a falling tide, nut much current all day, just very slowly out
- Water clarity on a scale of 1-7 was a 2 plus, me still don’t like the way it looks, and it be hard for me to fish it.
- Not many boats out & about, me glad to have SeaTwo covering me back if something happen.
- Had a few duck hunters out and about, may have heard 10 -15 shots all morning
- Both parking lots empty, may be 5 boats total, me think most of them where hunters
TECHNIQUE / STRATEGY:
- Be safe
- Have fun
- Put some run time on Bay Flat Sr. and Yamaha Dream Machine
- This be me daily therapy for ALL me aliments
- Gather Intel for future trips, and to share with fisherperson, (on rodnreel.com) to help assist them in their choice of areas to fish, lures to use and presentation of same to the elusive Silverwonders
- Picked up 3 pounds of dead shrimp from Kenny’s, they were real nice size and fresh, they did not dry out, and fall off the hook when we threw out.
- Reeducate Big Dwayne as to what Delacroix has to offer, the beauty of all its surroundings, he was a very attentive first mate, taken it all in like sponge
- Try to find the MIA Silverwonders
- See if the Redworries still wanted to come out and play
- Find a spot # with the seven fundamentals / criteria of catching:
- WIND AT YOUR BACK: (Wind not a factor, it only bowing 4-6 mph, could cast, fish, and fish any angles we wanted to fish)
- MOVING WATER: (Had a slow falling tide, not much current and/or current lines, but we did have moving water all day.)
- WATER CALRITY: (Still looking bad all over, me give it a 2 at most, just not me kind of water me like to fish.)
- HOLDING FISH: (Spot # 60 (30) r, Redworries where on, on, on.)
- PATIENTS: ( For the first 45 to 60 minutes we needed some, it was getting close to let’s go home, and the fishers wind the battel today, but pursue we did, and reward we got.)
- SKILL: (Honey hole 17A, & 21 both let me down today, one r at each spot, now had to go dig inside me head for a new opportunity, me could only think of one, spot # 60, me know it holds some Redworries, but it be a hit & miss spot, today it was a hit.)
- LUCK: (Guessing where to fish next out of 103 plus spot numbers to fish, we picked the right one)
- Anchor up cast & retrieve slowly along the bottom, with a twitch every now and then, tight lining…………………………………(12) FISH CUAGHT THIS WAY
- Oak River Troll (ORT)………………..DID ONT TRY
- Reverse Oak River Troll (RORT) ………..NOTHING
- Oak River Skim (ORS) ……………DID NOT TRY
- Cork ……..DID NOT TRY
- Lake P Troll (LPT)…………….N/A
- Dead bait………NONE
- Live bait…………………21 fish caught with way2 foot under cork, and tight lining jig head with dead shrimp
· LURE DU JOURE:
- 3” H&H Purple Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head with gold hook…………….(12) CAUGHT WITH THIS LURE
- 3” Chartreuse Glow Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook………….DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook……………NOTHING
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 3/8 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 1/2 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with 3/4 oz. round lead head ……………N/
- Marker 54 hard plastic shrimp……….. DID NOT TRY
AREAS / SPOTS / NUMBERS OF THE MAP FISHED:
Spot # 17A (1)r, 21 (1)r, 20, 60 (31)r, 18A (1)r, B, C, D, E, Alligator Pass, stopped fishing at 10:38 AM turned the Bay Flat Sr north for a quick smooth ride home.
- Lived to fish another day
- (0) Silverwonders
- (33) NMR Redworries
- (2) bottoms
- (1) Extra poles
- (1) Bushel of grass
- (1) Tangled line
- Having a chance to fish with Big Dwayne again
- Seeing the most beautiful sun rise in long time, look like Mother Nature was mad at the world, and the Devil had the sky on fire.
- Having the cold wind blow in me face, and tingle me noise
- Having some great ham & Swiss sandwiches & drinks for us to eat, thanks to Big Dwayne, thanks Big Guy, nothing like a good sandwich after you conquered your quest.
- Spending the morning on the water with one of the best fisherperson me know.
- Best fishing trip of my life, until the next one.
FISHERPERSON OF THE DAY:
Big Dwayne was on, on with the dead shrimp, but when it came to lures we had a little challenge, he was fishing with dead shrimp and nothing, me kept pulling them in with the H&H Purple beetle, and me gave him an H&H 1/4oz. round white head w/gold hook, now he back on them.
If you cannot find the Redworries, just keep looking sooner or later you will find a den of them to fish, H&H purple beetle is producing, along with the dead shrimp, fish and have fun.
PONDER OF THE DAY:
Life of fishing is ours to be spent, not to be saved
O & A:
As a fisherperson how much does technology affect our thinking, and do you think the fish know?
TEAM JO-JO’S future stratagem:
Big Andrew & Oneofthepack fishing with Capt Mike Gallo in the AM, standby for all the Intel.
Team Jo-Jo & Oneofthepack
- No Comments
- 583 views