Sunday me no trip plan, me knew me had to be home by 3 PM, road trip to BR town to attend Big Ronin gymnastic meet, but me could not stop thinking about zone 5 our new fishing area.
Me kept thinking, and thinking, go / no go, than Loveofthepack says she going to run Mardi grass marathon and she would have to hurry home to get ready to leave for 3PM to go to BR town.
That was all me needed to send an email to Big Don, (not Capt Don) to see if he wanted to go out and explore zone 5 with me, late response, but yessum says he, that be all me needed to hear we were on for a quick trip to our Disney World and we were going to Tomorrow Land, zone 5 to search for the elusive Silverwonders.
- Tight squeeze fish and be home for 2 PM
- Up 4:30 AM, Loveofthepack up too she getting ready for marathon, me for fishing
- No wildlife sightings along Hwy 11 or 90
- Met up schedule for 5:30 AM at Team Jo-Jo official meeting place , Waffle House in Chalmette
- Early enough to get a bowl of greets
- Not many boats on Hwy, gas stations, and boat launch
- Made a stop at Meraux food store, picked up a map of Delacroix, just in case we got lost
- Passed on McDonnel & Last Stop food store, we on a mission to learn zone # 5
- Check point Able water level normal
- Check point Bravo water moving at Reggio canal
- Arrived at home of the Bay Flat Sr, loaded all our gear, lowered her down gentile
- Brought 2 batteries this time, installed me heavy duty battery, have the toy battery for a spare
- One turn Yamaha ream Machine fired right up, she no need any attention to warm her up, she stay ready for whatever.
- Short time out at Lionel’s, needed some go juice, and ice, quick pit stop
- Off to Team Jo-Jo zone # 5 for a fun day on the water.
- East wind 10-15 steady all day
- Sunny & clear
- Cool temps, me kept me jump suite on all day
- No fog
- No rain
- No nats
- Water temp 65.6F
- Water level normal
- Tide slack, than started to fall
- Water clarity on a scale of 1-7:
- Zone # 5 a 6 plus, great looking water
- Lake John & Twin Pipeline a 4 minus
- Saw 8 -10 boats out and about
TECHNIQUE / STRATEGY:
- Be safe
- Have fun
- Put some run time on Bay Flat Sr. and Yamaha Dream Machine
- This be me daily therapy for ALL me aliments
- Gather Intel for future trips, and to share with fisherperson, (on rodnreel.com) to help assist them in their choice of areas to fish, lures to use and presentation of same to the elusive Silverwonders.
- Explore Tam Jo-Jo zone 5
- Locate holes, drop offs, hot spots
- Try not to get lost
- Try not to run aground
- Get some fish for Lucy
- Find a spot # with the seven fundamentals / criteria of catching:
- WIND AT YOUR BACK: (Wind no problem, had a few spots with wind at our back, anchored cast & retrieve, but the Silverwodners did not like that presentation. So the wind became our friend, we used it to do the Oak River Troll, wind and tide going in same direction in some areas, just like we like it.)
- MOVING WATER: (Moved all day, got stringer as the day went along, we found some real nice current lines in Twin Pipeline, water really moving between the scarce levees along the Twin Pipeline.
- WATER CALRITY: (Zone 5 Reggio (R) & Lake Amedee area a 6 plus, Lake John a 4 minus, these are the only 2 areas we fished.)
- HOLDING FISH: (R (Reggio) -1A (8)T, 51C (13)T)
- PATIENTS: ( Action was pretty steady from the first cast, plus we in an area we never fished before so this kept us on our toes and alert the hold time.)
- SKILL: (Navigations skills were on target today, we got lost so many times it was not funny, had it not been for a white sign me saw on our way out, me still might be trying to find our au back.)
- LUCK: (Or fate (Which me believe in hold hardly) me was early at Waffle House so me had a little breakfast, in walk, (5:10AM) two couples from a night on the town, (Boy that was the good old days) one of the men, kept looking at me, (he we go says me) but he extends his hand and says you don’t remember me do you. Me shake his hand and he says me Lanny’s son, (co-worker w/BMCC) his name Lanny too.
We got into a great conversation about the project he working on, young man very much interested in his craft, very enthusiastic, and very intelligent too, he relay enjoying his position and job for sure.
By this time Big Don had joined us, and somehow the conversation got to fishing, Big Lanny says let me show you where we caught them yesterday (Saturday) what area say me, Lake Amedee say he. Now this be the first time me every going into lake Amedee, me know nothing about it, and me meet someone at Waffle House that gives us a lot of Intel on how and where to fish, and most important where to run around with confidence. What is the chances, (Now this be a sign) of this happening, it can only be fate, mw whole life been this way when needed it came, if not me flipped me two headed coin.
- Anchor up cast & retrieve slowly along the bottom, with a twitch every now and then, tight lining…………………………………NOTHING
- Oak River Troll (ORT)………………..90% OF FISH CAUGHT THIS WAY , WE FISHED TWIN PIPE LINE, EAST WIND WE WOULD DRIFT FROM ONE SIDEW TO THE OPYHER, DOWN & UP DROP OFFS, DRAGGIN H&H PURPEL BEETEL BEHIND US. DID THE PAK RIVER TROLL IN ALL AREAS FISHED, WIND HELPED US A LOT.
- Reverse Oak River Troll (RORT) ………..DID NTO TRY
- Oak River Skim (ORS) ……………DID NOT TRY
- Cork ……..10% OF FISH CAUGHT THIS WAY
- Lake P Troll (LPT)…………….N/A
- Dead bait………NONE
- Live bait…………………NONE
· LURE DU JOURE:
- 3” H&H Purple Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head with gold hook…………….100% OF FISH CAUYT WITH THIS LURE, WHICH IS ALL WE NEEDED.
- 3” Chartreuse Glow Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook………….DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook……………NOTHING
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 3/8 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 1/2 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with 3/4 oz. round lead head ……………N/A
AREAS / SPOTS / NUMBERS OF THE MAP FISHED:
R-1A (8) T, R-1 (3) T, R-3, R-4A (3) T, R-6, 51A, 51B, 51C (5) T, 51D (8) T, left them biting had to be home for 2PM.
- Lived to fish another day
- (27) NMR Silverwonders, 12 throw backs
- (1) Oyster shell
- (1) Bottom
- Double hook up, unfortunately it was a carb trap
- Expanded me comfort zone
- Ran aground, learn how shallow the Bay Flat Sr can go
- Had the pleasure of being lost
- Found and name 10-15 new spots, 51A,B,C, & D will be producers
- Found clean / clarity water 6 to 7 range. Me can fish the all day and never get tired.
- Spending the day on the water with one of the best fisherpersons me know, Big Don
- Best fishing trip of my life, until the next one.
FISHERPERSON OF THE DAY:
Me more concern about where me was, how to get back, and why the hot horn did not go off, (cause me was very careful that why) to keep count on who did what, so me going to call today a tie, we both fisherperson of the day.
Clarity of water much better out in and around Lake John & Twin pipeline, and Reggio area a 6 plus, water looked great that dark black clean/ clarity looking water which me love to fish, you might at to give these areas a try.
As for Reggio exploration, it seems there are not many deep holes to fish, (My kind of fishing) drop offs and channels are not that abundant, points and current lines are not that noticeable, and the Silverwodners are of the nursery type.
Me will continue to develop me knowledge of the Reggio, Amedee & Lake Robin areas, cause zone 1, 2, 3, & 4 are looking more and more like river water every season, and me think the Silverwonders will be moving that way.
PONDER OF THE DAY:
O & A:
Is it possible that someone’s genes might affect their fishing leanings? If no, why not? If
FUTURE TEAM JO-JO’S next foray AGENDA:
Nothing plan just rest up
Team Jo-Jo & Oneofthepack
- No Comments
- 619 views