Below is our post from last year, (11-7-17) as you can see the Silverwonders where in full bite, what lure used, area / spot # fished, and conditions.
We have been keeping copies of our post, this is our “Fish Diary” been doing this since 2008 prior to that have a book diary. We review past trips for each year to see where the elusive Silverwonders may be at and to see if there a pattern of how & when Silverwonders return for fall fishing.
Me think keeping a dairy will help fisherpersons be more educated as to when, where, how, why & what of catching in future trips
Finally Big Ronnie & Oneofthepack found a time slot to make a fishing trip, me was beginning to think, (between us) we would have to take our doctors & pharmacists with us to make a trip, and not to mention the bill collectors.
- Monday trip would be hard to live up to
- Had a hot date, (exclusive date no other kids or Meme could go) last evening with Big Vienne, (5 Granddaughterofthepack) her and me both fell asleep at the dinner table, but when me got home had a good night sleep, all 6 hours of it before the start of a new fishing trip.
- Up early, somewhat awake, took a while for me to unfold out of the bed.
- No wildlife sightings along Hwy 11 or 90, not a good sign
- Met up (5AM) at Team Jo-JO official meeting place Waffle House in Chalmette, Big Ron on time, quick breakfast and we on our way
- Plenty, plenty boats along the Hwy, gas station, and launches, me think 80 plus boast launched out of Lionel’s, Sweetwater, and rigs that stay down there.
- Check point Able water level up2-3”
- Check pint Bravo slack tide at Reggio canal
- Road down is being repaired, a lot of traffic coming back, fisherperson wanting to go home, and some wanting to go out, is controlled, but you may have a little wait to get through it.
- Arrived at Bay Flat Sr, took Big Ron & Oneofthepack no time to load her up.
- Yamaha Dream Machine felt like she started just by me looking at key
- Passed on Lionel’s we had all we needed on board the Bay Flat Sr
- Off to spot # 5 to start our fun day of fishing.
- From the position of the sun above the horizon, it appeared we were about 40 minutes behind schedule.
- As me making the turn from Bayou Gently, to pipeline canal form Lost Lake (3) guide boats loaded with very anxious fisherpersons aboard, all most ran us over, but they had the right away as they on me right, all was safe.
- As we arrived at spot # 5, position Bay Flat Sr, made a few cast his comes another guide loaded with crew, they yelling & yelping, Capt raised his hand in the air and yield sorry as he went by leaving a 2-3 foot wake behind him. Before me could do anything thing Big Ronnie going down as he was standing up fishing, went down to his knee to keep from going over board, my camera was not out are me would have taken a picture of the boat, but the Capt was wearing a purple shirt. Almost the end of a great trip before we got started.
- Back to fishing
- Calm wind, then slight wind from west, then N.W. 6-8 MPH, nice breeze all day
- Partly cloudy, but mostly sunny
- Cool temps in the am, warm later in the day, very pleasant day
- Water level up 2-3”
- Water Temp 78.2
- Tide, slack, than fell all morning, nice strong tide, with many current line to fish
- Water clarity on a scale of 1-7 was still a 3 minus clear but brown and cloudy looking, lost lure down 6-8”
- Boats all over you could look in any direction and count 2-3 boats fishing the marsh
- We got back to the launch around 9:50, and they already had boast back, everybody was catching fish today
TECHNIQUE / STRATEGY:
- Be safe
- Have fun
- Put some run time on Bay Flat Sr and the Yamaha Dream Machine
- This be me daily therapy for ALL me aliments
- Gather Intel for future trips, and to share with fisherperson, (on rodnreel.com) to help assist them in their choice of areas to fish, lures to use and presentation of same to the elusive Silverwonders.
- Get Big Ronnie out of the house and on the water, let him take in some fresh air into his lungs.
- Help catch a box of fish for Big Ron, as me know his neighbors must be wondering where all the fish are, since he be no going for a while, me think he feeds the whole neighborhood.
- Find a spot # with the five fundamentals / criteria of catching:
- WIND AT YOUR BACK: (Not enough wind to be concerned about, but we did have one spot wind at our back, made for long cast with no impact on lure performance or our presentation.)
- MOVING WATER: (No problem form the start, falling and falling good especially at our chock down spots.)
- WATER CALRITY: (No bad at a 3 minus, but still not at its best it can be, very fishable and catchable.)
- HOLDING FISH: (Spot # 5, we only left it to try and top the box off (10 needed) with some Big Girls, but it seemed that all spots where holding fish as the boats pretty much stayed put all morning / day.)
- PATIENTS: ( First cast, and it was on, on, on, action never stopped, steady all morning, patients, what’s that!!!)
- Anchor up cast & retrieve slowly along the bottom, with a twitch every now and then, tight lining…………………………………ALL FISH CUAGHT THIS WAY
- Oak River Troll (ORT)………………..DID NOT TRY
- Reverse Oak River Troll (RORT) ………..DID NTO TRY
- Oak River Skim (ORS) ……………DID NOT TRY
- Cork ……..DID NOT TRY
- Lake P Troll (LPT)…………….N/A
- Dead bait………NONE
- Live bait…………………NONE
· LURE DU JOURE:
- 3” H&H Purple Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head with gold hook…………….100% fish caught with this lure
- 3” Chartreuse Glow Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook………….DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook……………Nothing
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 3/8 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 1/2 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with 3/4 oz. round lead head ……………N/A
AREAS / SPOTS / NUMBERS OF THE MAP FISHED:
#5 (69)t, 21 (10T, stopped fishing around 9:30, turned the Bay Flat Sr north for a quick smooth ride back to the slip.
- Lived to fish another day
- ( 79 ) NMR Silverwonders
- (2) White trout
- (3) throwback reds
- (4) Tangled up lines
- Saw a lot of little crabs swimming with tide, this a real good sign
- Having a discussion / augment on who tangled who’s line, Big Ron’s says go ahead argue w/me, cause me know you cannot argue at home, well said says me
- Best luncheon meat sandwich me had in a look time, thanks Big Mel, (Big Ron best half) appreciate the food & drinks
- Sharing a trip with Big Ron, co-worker & friend for many, many, many years, as with this trip it is always a pleasure to travel with him in any direction, any needed, and of course Big Mel is surely included in this comments. It has been said many times god has a special place for her in heaven, and me know she still love Big Ron, cause he still cute.
- Best fishing trip of my life, until the next one.
FISHERPERSON OF THE DAY:
- Me wish me could say Big Ron, well lest just say Oneofthepack could not keep up with him. He was on a run, Big Ron looks at me and says, we both have 10# mono green line, ¼ oz. H&H white head with gold hook, 3” purple H&H beetles, throwing in the same exact spot, sitting 3 feet apart, could it just be me a better fisherperson today. Me has no answer for him, but there is always tomorrow.
If you saving for a money rainy day and vacation for fishy day, you might want to dig up one of the CDM cans in the back yard, call in sick and make your way down to Delacroix. Me think the only way you will not catch anything if you go, is to throughout a jig head with nothing on it, and me not sure about that!!!!!!!
Do it before Thursday as me think conditions may change then, fishes on?
PONDER OF THE DAY:
“When a fisherman goes on a date, he wonders if he is going to get lucky. A fishperson already knows.”
O & A:
How important is fishing in living a healthy and fulfilling life?
FUTURE TEAM JO-JO’S ODYSSEYS AGENDA:
- Tomorrow off
- Thursday Big Tony
- Friday Veterans Day at school with Big Vienne
- Sat fishing Lake P with Big PJ trolling we go
- Sunday no fish day
- Open all next week, fish all week all day, until then:
Team Jo-Jo & Oneofthepack
Getting Better Everyday
- No Comments
- 528 views