Oneofthepack baseballed out this weekend, spent Saturday & Sunday in Gulfport at 8 year old tournament, our team, and (Big William grandsonofthepack) team came in 3rd. Could not go Monday, needed a much needed dose of solo trip to our Disney World known as Delacroix to clear me head out.
- Weekend baseball, love watching the youngings playing, some m know will make a college go of it, and maybe 1 of the 50-75 kids may make it to the pros, some sure showed some potential for it.
- Monday made the gym, then a blood test. Lunch with Loveofthepack and Daughterofthepack, the back home to get everything ready for today’s trip.
- Rough night sleeping, got an hour or two sleep
- Up early 4 AM, made the run down me favorite Hwy 11 & 90, but no wildlife sightings did me see.
- Not many boats on Hwy or gas stations
- Passed on McDonnel, Waffle House, and Last Stop food store, me just wanted to make it to the water as fast as me can,
- Check point Able , water up
- Check point Bravo, water falling hard at Reggio Canal, good sign.
- Arrived at the Bay Flat Sr abode, she lounging in her slings, steady as she be, because we had no wind for a change, loaded the gear in no time.
- Yamaha Dream Machine fired up on 2 cranks, purred our way down to Lionel’s for some ice & go juice.
- Big O’Neal sitting out by the pumps, exchanged greetings, says he you will have to fish open bays today, tide too strong to fish bayous canals, cuts, me thanked him for the intel and me was on me way to spot # 64 to start me day.
- When me return to dock, brought tackle box and poles to FORD transporter, had poles laying on side of truck, when me backed down over to the dock and started to load all, when it came time for the poles they were gone,. Me says me cannot believe someone ( This Scenario happen at Waffle House one morning they took all 8) driving by picked up poles as they laid alongside truck. But after panicking awhile me looked over across the street poles on ground, don’t know how me not run over them, ALL IS WELL!!!!
- Wind clam, then E.S.E. wind 8-10 mph
- Smooth water on the out, choppy on the way in
- Sunny & clear
- Mild to warm temps perfect
- Water temp 79.8F
- Water level up 2.5 feet since last time.
- Fish temp mild temp
- Tide falling most of the morning, came in around 10:10 Am still coming in when me left at 1:28 PM, turned the Bay Flat Sr north for a quick run back in.
- Water clarity on a scale of 1-7 was a 2 plus to a 4 plus:
- Orange bayou 4 plus
- Point Fienne 4
- Oak River & north south pipeline a 3
- Little Crevasse 3 minus
- Spot # 5 2 plus, not looking good
- Me knew me was in the best area, as all the boats came me way, (from n/s pipeline) early in the morning, and me had 3-4 guide boats working in the area.
TECHNIQUE / STRATEGY:
- Be safe
- Have fun
- Get me head clear
- Run around, (get Intel for future use) to see how our other spot numbers looked, nothing, conditions where good, but the Silverwodners must have shutdown, because not a fish caught in other areas.
- Put run time on Yamaha Dream Machine, me think they work better if you kept them on line regularly.
- Find a spot # with the five fundamentals / criteria of catching:
- WIND AT YOUR BACK: (E.S.E. at 8-10 mph no problem today, it helped with the Oak River Troll, and we when me fished a cross wind it had no effect on tight lining. Me anchored up wind of a current line, me back to the wind, threw up current, and (with wind long cast) worked the lure back to me, nice and slow.
- MOVING WATER: (No problem, falling in the morning, never did see slack, but it turned around about 10:10 am, moved all day, and had some real nice current lines to fish.)
- WATER CALRITY: (Zone one on Team Jo-Jo map had the best looking water, zone 2 not so good, Me don’t know what has the water messed up in that area, but it don’t look good to me, me lost me confidence level I those areas.)
- HOLDING FISH: (Spot # 61C caught all Silverwodners there, reds in Oak River spot # 23, nothing at all the others spots.)
- PATIENTS: (Reached first spot at 6:15, moved and did not catch the first fish until 7:16 AM, after that action was steady but slow, when started to run around it help with having patients.)
- Anchor up cast & retrieve slowly along the bottom, with a twitch every now and then, tight lining, all Silverwonders caught this way.
- Oak River Troll (ORT) 1 red
- Reverse Oak River Troll (RORT) did not try
- Oak River Skim (ORS) did not try
- Cork did not try
- Dead bait none
- Live bait none
lure du jour:
Matrix Shad Lemon Drop caught 6 t, and 1 r
3” Purple beetle caught all other fish
Kept swiping H&H heads ¼ to 3/8 oz. round white head with gold hook.
AREAS / SPOTS / NUMBERS OF THE MAP FISHED
Spot # 64, 61C (27) t, B, A, 18 D, (C – A) was taken, #5, 25,24,23,22,21,20,17, 2A, 18B, 61C 7t, 64, stopped fishing at 1:40.
- Lived to fish another day
- (23) NMR Silverwonders 1 throw back
- (1) Missed at boat
- (15) Missed hits
- (2) reds, (1) 22.13#, 1 THROW BACK
- (1) Bottom one popped line
- No food, drinks, snacks, not even water
- Spending the day on the water with 3 of the best fisherperson me know, me, myself, and me.
- Best fishing trip of my life, until he next one.
FISHERPERSON OF THE DAY:
Get an early stat because the bites where over very quickly, and if you find a spot holding a few, mile it to you sure they stopped biting, even if you leave and come back later, re-position boat to give the fish a different angel / presentation, think positive, and have plenty patients!!!!!
PONDER OF THE DAY:
Listen, me not a rich fisherperson. Me a fishing kid; me very rich in fishing.
FUTURE TEAM JO-JO’S ODYSSEYS AGENDA:
Looks like Thursday will be the next time I can go, but that is negotiable, and open to interpretation by Loveofthepack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Team Jo-Jo & Oneofthepack
- No Comments
- 619 views