No plan to go, but it was too long to be off the water, Loveoftheapck out of town, now was the time to go. Emailed Big Bud (aka Eastofmrgo) but he still busy at the home with honey dues. So rather than post for first mate, (not knowing what to expect on trip, had very low expectations) me decided to just do a sola trip.
- Restless night, Loveoftheapck no home never sleep well with her away
- Went to bed not sure if me going fishing, but after counting 150 fish to go to sleep it was a done deal
- No alarm clock needed, internal alarm woke me up at 5:30 AM, still not sure about trip, but them me got on rodnreel.com, read fishing magazine, now it was on
- No wildlife sightings along Hwy 11 or 90
- Not many boast out and about, Hwy, gas station, and even the launches only had a few.
- All the campers that stay down, even they did not have many boast ready to go, this not good
- Passed on McDonnel, Waffle House, and Last Stop food store.
- Check pint Abel, water level up 8-10” at canal at junction
- Check pint Bravo, water moving very slowly at Reggio canal
- Arrived at the home of the Bay Flat Sr, she look like who are you, how quick those ladies forgets when you absent for a while.
- Quick work loading her up, Yamaha Dream Machine just that, she fired up and was ready to go with one turn of the key. She reached 300 hours today, it seems like only yesterday me had her on her madden voyage / run, and she would not run, but Boat Stuff made it good.
- Stopped at Lionel for some ice, one boat lunched, he a solo too, and heading to Lake Robin.
- Now the real question, where to start me day, # 20 kept popping up in me head, so spot # 20 it be.
- ON eh way out me saw a bay boat coming in with 2 fisherperson in it, now that could be a good sign, or a bad sign. Me started to wave them down and get some Intel, but me decided me did want to be influence by their comments, me much rather solve the puzzle / equations meself.
- Strong east wind 8-10, then S.S.E., then calm, then S.S.W 8-10
- Partly cloudy, sun came out, off went jump suite, over cast moved in with cool temps, on went jump suite, nice perfect temperature all day
- No rain at all, got into a little mist in canal back to slip, not bad
- Water Level up 18-20” from last trip
- Water temp stated out 60.1F (up 20* from last trip) got to a high of 62.4 F
- Tide falling most of the day, strong in cuts, slow n open water. Around 1:26 PM water stopped moving, never did see it come in, me stopped fishing around 2:40
- Water clarity on a scale of 1-7 was:
- Oak River and North / South pipeline a 3 minus
- All others areas a 6 plus, looked just like me like it, clears and dark looking water
- At first me was the only boat in sight, they did not start coming out until after 9:30 AM, saw a few but not many running around.
TECHNIQUE / STRATEGY:
- Be safe
- Have fun
- Put some run time on Bay Flat Sr. and Yamaha Dream Machine
- This be me daily therapy for ALL me aliments
- Gather Intel for future trips, and to share with fisherperson, (on rodnreel.com) to help assist them in their choice of areas to fish, lures to use and presentation of same to the elusive Silverwonders.
- Try some spot numbers me have not tried for years, see if they can produce more action, and if they still have the same conditions, (i.e. depth, edges, drop offs, etc.)
- Run & gun, 2-3 cast nothing move on, get to as many spots as me could for the day, see how conditions looked, no action move on.
- Relax & play while the cat is way
- HAD TO ADD 2 MORE FUNDAMENTASL / CRITERIA OF ACTHIN TO BELWO.
- Find a spot # with the SEVEN fundamentals / criteria of catching:
- WIND AT YOUR BACK: (Not a problem, we have many spot numbers to fish the winds we had today, plus it helped with the Oak River Troll technique, and also the Oak River Reverse Troll technique.)
- MOVING WATER: (Moved all day up till about 1:30 PM, had current lines all over to fish work, cuts had strong moving water, open water had a slow move)
- WATER CALRITY: (Loved it, me could have fished it all day without even getting a bite that is how pretty it looked. This is me number one criteria of the bunch, me confidence level high when me have this condition.)
- HOLDING FISH: (Spot # 2, and spot # 5 produced multiple Silverwodners)
- PATIENTS: ( Reached spot # 20 at 8:10, 1st Silverwonder at 10:26, and then another, action did not pick back up till around 12:20, that be when the reds, and Silverwonder turned on and gave me crazy 10 minutes.)
- SKILL: (Me used every technique me had, wrack me brains for every bit of knowledge me knew with regards to lure presentation / technique, areas to fish, drop offs, channels, edges, shallow, and deep, had the skill but was missing criteria # 7.)
- LUCK: (This criteria be always be needed, it just part of the combinations of all above that come together, (it even helps when skill levels are down) with it, me consider todays trip to be very lockable for / to me.)
- Anchor up cast & retrieve slowly along the bottom, with a twitch every now and then, tight lining…………………………………90% FISH CUAGHT THIS WAY
- Oak River Troll (ORT)………………..(4) fish caught this way
- Reverse Oak River Troll (RORT) ………..(2) FISH CAUGHT THIS WAY
- Oak River Skim (ORS) ……………DID NOT TRY
- Cork ……..(3) FISH CAUGHT THIS WAY
- Lake P Troll (LPT)…………….N/A
- Dead bait………NONE
- Live bait…………………NONE
· LURE DU JOURE:
- 3” H&H Purple Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head with gold hook…………….30% CAUGHT WITH THIS LURE
- 3” Chartreuse Glow Beetle, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook………….DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H ¼ oz. round white head w/gold hook……………70% CAUGHT WITH THIS LURE
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 3/8 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with H&H 1/2 oz. round white head w/gold hook……………DID NOT TRY
- Matrix Shad Lemon Drop, matched up with 3/4 oz. round lead head ……………N/A
AREAS / SPOTS / NUMBERS OF THE MAP FISHED:
# 20, 21 (2)t, 22, 23, 23A, 24, 21, 20, 17, 2A 2 (11)T, 14,15,55 (1)T, 56, 6, 5 (4)T, 2 (4)T, 18, 18A, 18B (4)T, 18C, 18D, 61C, 61D, 64, stopped fishing aournd2:40 turned rough for a bumpy ride back to the slip.
- Lived to fish another day
- (28) NMR Silverwonders. 20 throw backs
- (5) Rat reds all on Lemon Drop
- (1) Fresh water cat
- Got me very relaxing day, did not want to come home, but getting late and me know it was going to be a bumpy ride back
- Food for toady was provide by Big Curtis & Big May, had some left over peanut butter crackers, they were very much appreciated.
- It was nice to have the run of Delacroix, all me spots where empty, they did have a concentration of boats in Skippy Bay
- Got me head back on straight
- Realized that all me aches and pains may not be reel, most of them seem to disappear when me on the water, and when me have a tap on me line, nothing else in this world exist, just me and the Silverwonder.
- Best fishing trip of my life, until the next one.
FISHERPERSON OF THE DAY:
Big Cisco and his crew, they caught 21 in Skippy Lake that be the best catch me heard of.
- As me understand it, no launches had live shrimp, so if you needed them you might want to call to make sure they have them, before you go down, and they only had frozen shrimp, which me don’t like to sue, me like fresh shrimp for dead bait.
- Water looking great, good tide movement, conditions are excellent, but you still “GOT TO GO TO KOW”
PONDER OF THE DAY:
I realize that every trip isn’t a work of catching
O & A:
What do you call it when a fisherperson with multiple personalities tries to kill shimself? Multiple spices!
FUTURE TEAM JO-JO’S ODYSSEYS AGENDA:
As it stand now, nothing plan, but tomorrow morning will be the tell, me check wind conditions and then make up go or no go, until then:
Team Jo-Jo & Oneofthepack
- No Comments
- 660 views